Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sign up for Randy's class. 20 bucks and you get C4D CE. You can make all the pins you want and learn how at the same time.

You can still sign up, you will be a couple weeks behind, but you can catch up.

If not the next class starts Sept 6.

Check it out at http://www.eclecticacademy.com

Here is a an example of what you want with C4D CE. $20.00 only and you get six lessons to boot.

This only took me 10 minutes, so it could be better if I spent any time on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PushPin.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	15390  

Ok, here's the nitty gritty from my perspective on all of this...

First off, I also would highly suggest that one would take Randy's Intro to 3D course...

C4D is know to be the easiest 3d app to learn of all the bigger 3d apps out there... and this isn't coming from ole gidge here... this was determined on a poll, over at CGT... and... I would agree with this... C4D is pretty straight forward once you find out just which does what...

C4D CE... will allow you model, and moreover, to texture and render with the best of em... 20 bucks through Randy's class and you are off and running... seriously, you just can't go wrong here

for 20 bucks, you get a licenced version of C4D CE, and the lessons provided by Randy through his online class...

CE is actually C4D XLv6, which is an older full version of C4D, and was the talk of the town in it's day.... the CE version's only limitation being it has a maximum Animation frame rendering size of 640x480... this said, it renders still shots of you work at most any size you want... no limit... )

Blender... well, ya either love it or hate it... period... there are some do very good work with Blender, but as far as easy learning is concerned, I would have to reiterate here, C4D is the easiest to learn of all big 3D apps... no kidding...

As Randy has pointed out here, this pushpin can be modeled in C4D CE pretty quick like, and moreover... I would suggest that for long term, C4D version 9 will be released in a couple of months and I believe that Maxon, the makers of C4D, are going to deliver a fantastic version this time around... In fact I would go so far as to suggest that C4D version 9 will be the all in one solution so many have been waiting for... I just have a hunch Maxon will not dissapoint...

So yea, for the long term, I would suggest that C4D CE and Randy's course is well worth the twenty bucks invested, as this will allow you to get grips on how C4D works, and will also offer you a slight discount when upgrading to version 9, and I believe that this will save you more than the twenty bucks we are talking about here...

Happy modeling

I agree, C4D.

Arnold
    Attached Images Attached Images

Intro to 3D Info thread

You will be so happy to check this out rh... I know that all the members here who have signed up are having a ton of fun...

rh,
    Randy gave you the link a few messages back.

its, http://www.eclecticacademy.com

This stuff may make your head spin!

hey Arnold, that was a very good C4D pushpin example you did up there... cool beans man

ah rh , I don't exactly know the answer to that... I am sure that Randy will be along sometime through this thread and will be better able to answer these types of questions...

Perhaps just contact him through email... addy which is no doubt displayed in his profile page here at tg... just click on his username and it will take you to the page...

rh - Go to the site and try to enroll in the class using this link: http://www.eclecticacademy.com/newcl...htm#3Dmodeling

Make sure you mention that you want to enroll in this semester's class. I am not sure if they will let you, that is handled by the Admin of the school not me.

One word! I don't know your skill level, but if you are a 1st time 3Der, then don't expect to make models like you see here in a day. You will need to work through the lessons, starting with Lesson 1. I will expect it will take you at the least 4 or 5 days. Learning to model in 3d takes time and practice. It is not a click a button and here it is, but once you learn the skills you can create the push pin in very little time.

Plus if you join, the class takes 6 weeks, if you need progress faster, then you will have to take the manual and go on with it on your own. Of course I will try to help, but I do want to stay on topic as much as possible.

Thanks!

Hope you give it a try.

rh, Here is my push pin model. Get some software so u can use it.

attached: push pin 3D object file,