Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do you start to make a 3-d pushpin with the quality that you see below?

Green PushPin

I have Xara 3d and Xara X1.

I want this type of quality or better, but I also want the PushPin to be actually push againt some paper on the wall in front of me instead of down or to the side. Thus, if I am looking directly at the wall in front of me and there is a piece of paper or a poster, I typically see a PushPin, at a slight angle, so that I can tell it's a PushPin in the first place, but not a full side view like you see above.

So what I want to make is a PushPin in Xara X1 or Xara 3d to where I can have some control of the angle, rotation and size. Any suggestions on tutorials?

Also how does one learn where to put highlighting and shadows in a 3-d object OR for that matter see these things in the first place to even know that's it should be there.

People somehow know exactly where to put it, and that they should even existing in the first place. I can't seem to see what they see.

Thanks.

How do you start to make a 3-d pushpin with the quality that you see below?

Green PushPin

I have Xara 3d and Xara X1.

I want this type of quality or better, but I also want the PushPin to be actually push againt some paper on the wall in front of me instead of down or to the side. Thus, if I am looking directly at the wall in front of me and there is a piece of paper or a poster, I typically see a PushPin, at a slight angle, so that I can tell it's a PushPin in the first place, but not a full side view like you see above.

So what I want to make is a PushPin in Xara X1 or Xara 3d to where I can have some control of the angle, rotation and size. Any suggestions on tutorials?

Also how does one learn where to put highlighting and shadows in a 3-d object OR for that matter see these things in the first place to even know that's it should be there.

People somehow know exactly where to put it, and that they should even existing in the first place. I can't seem to see what they see.

Thanks.

rh, from what i learned from reading all these posts in here is to get a push pin and a piece of paper attach it to the wall in front of you and draw what you see. so there will be the angle that you want and the shadows and highlights. hope this helps.
    i am still a newbie and learning everyday. so if i am wrong i am sure to be corrected. hopefully i told you correct.
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com

ok my poor try at what i think you are wanting
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tack.png 
Views:	341 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	16968  
    Mike

try zbrush, a very simple to use 3d program.
    Mike

Hmm, I would love to see a tut with this pushpin done in ZBrush there Mike...

rh...

This could be done in C4D, creating a B-Spline object, then dropping such into a Lathe hyperNURBS object within the object manager...

as well, this could be box modeled out within c4d...

However... personaly, I would create an simple object such as this, within non other than... you guessed it... Wings3D...

Hang on and I will do up a tutorial for this...

Blender. Not the easiest program to learn, but it's free.

Name:	pins.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	1654  

haha, good one grafixman...

My machine decided to crash halfway through my tut... and uggggg... haha, that will teach me... anyways, I doubt that I will do this up tonight, or anytime soon, as I pretty much used up my time on it for now... I am sorry to have to say that rh...

but yea, I would learn how to box model with any app which has edge selection tools...

C4D, Wings3d, heck, this could be easily done with almost any app out there....

even Blender

Just teasing yas Grafixman... it is actually pretty cool to have a blenderhead amongst us...

anyways, here's my example...

Name:	pushpinsmthwire.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	3877  

Attached model constructed from 2 cylinders.

Rendered in Bryce.