Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A flash dilemma

Default Re: A flash dilemma

Larry, the rotate command is a very useful command. Here's what the Help file states:

The Rotate command
    To force the rotation to be around any other point you can use a special keyword "rotate" appended to the front of the object name. Or you can use "rotate +" to force the rotation to go clockwise or "rotate -" to make it go counter clockwise.

To take the simple two keyframes animation example shown on the previous page, where the hour hand needs to move from 12 o'clock to 8 o'clock. If you name the hand object "rotate + hand", you'll get an animation showing the clock's hand moving clockwise. If you name it "rotate - hand", then the hand will rotate counter clockwise.

If there is no rotate command, then the tween takes the shortest direct path between the object on one keyframe to the next, rotating around its center. With a "rotate" command on the object name, it calculates the actual rotation point, which in the above example is the "large end" of the hand.

Note: It's not possible to rotate an object by a full 360° between keyframes if the rotation point is not the center. For example, to do a full rotation of the clock hands in the above example, you would need to create an intermediate keyframe.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Thanks Javier you fixed it! That's what I was trying to do.
    Thanks also to Egg, I had looked at those help files but somehow it just didn't sink in. Thank you all for your help.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Great Larry - help files passed me by too

Quote Originally Posted by jvila View Post
    Steve,
    NP, if sometime you need spanish help, just give me a ring
    Gracias
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP