Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default YouTube placeholder not working

I've made a rectangle the size of the YouTube video I want to display and used the replace with HTML radio selection; copy and pasted YouTube code. Website preview shows only blank rectangle. Have tried putting the Placeholder in its own layer, no improvement. Also tried only using the <embed> portion of the code and not the <object> portion. No change.

Strangely also, in the preview even though I have put the video placeholder layer below other popup layers, the other popup layers still display beneath the video layer when opened.

(I have the most recent Web Designer update.)
    Last edited by embarkd; 16 December 2009 at 05:17 PM. Reason: more info

Default Re: YouTube placeholder not working

Welcome to TG Forums,

Please attach your .web file for inspection as it will be much faster to see where you are going wrong

Youtube Re: YouTube placeholder not working

Thanks sledger, recent .web file attached. In this file I am experimenting with having the video opening in a popup layer. As before, this also does not work in preview mode, blank as described. It works in Chrome however when I uploaded it to a testing server, but not in IE.

(I am not using the locked popup tweak, though I have the tweak on the side of the canvas because I had been playing with that - but seemed to effect behavior of all popups on a page, which I didn't want.)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can't see any problem. works fine in Web Designer preview mode here and in IE8 when exported
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	embarked.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	68486  

Works fine for me also. Video doesn't play until button is clicked. It has a 38% transparent border, maybe that's why you see the layer below?

Jim

Youtube Re: YouTube placeholder not working

Thank you Sledger and jimhanus; well after hearing your good news I reinstalled the flash player plugin for IE and that seemed to do the trick. I had seen other flash content so didn't think to do that before...

jimhanus: the transparency is an intended effect, though not sure if I'll keep it... : )