Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Been a long time. Cant sleep

Just a quick question about the name of the store. Is it suppose to have an apostrophe after the 'L', as in 'it's Carl's store'? Or perhaps the client doesn't use an apostrophe?

I look forward to your icons. I really enjoy icons and wish I was better at them.

Good Eye Burpee. The font I used (a copy of Ballpark) doesn't have an apostrophe and I decided to just leave it out. Since this is essentially a draft, I will need to make some changes and I will choose a different font or just draw an apostrophe.

If you type a separate comma in the same font and reduce in size, then place it between the "L" and "S" it should work fine.

Regarding the perspective, I'd say that the bottom side window doesn't follow the line of the base of the house and you should enlarge the side of the window nearest the viewer to correct this. The dormer window needs adjusting similarly, too.
    (Hope you slept better last night )
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

That is a nice little coffee shop. I love a good cup of coffee.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

You're right Blues. The perspective on the side windows and the top window are off. Im going to remove the second story side window and turn the bottom window into more of a display window that takes up the majority of the side of the building.

a4hire, I have a Starbucks addiction, which isnt good for the starving artist

Nice graphic.

As has been hinted, the perspective is off. Understanding that the visual projection of horizontal elements meet at vanishing points promises a more convincing building. In the first image below, I've extended several horizontal elements towards what should be a vanishing point. As you can see, they share no common target.

The second illustration shows how those horizontal elements should be aligned to draw a more visually credible scene.

Here is a brief YouTube lesson.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	perspective2.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	68521   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	perspective.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	68522  

Well done graphicsbag and a good way to spend sleepless time.

I like it!