Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Transparent webpage backgrounds

After a bit of fidddling around I answered my last set of questions. I was able to reproduce what was suggested - all on my own. Had never noticed that "Create bitmap copy" before.

One problem:my bitmaps used as fills leave lines between each section. How do I overcome this? With this I think we can close my problem. Also whenever I do a fill now I get the Xara name as part of the fill. What did I do to deserve this? I don't think it was this way before.

Dave
    Last edited by DaveC; 16 December 2009 at 04:13 AM. Reason: correction

When you make the rectangle and bitmap copy, make sure the width is in whole pixels. ie: 20 instead of 20.1.
    The Xara logo is the default bitmap fill. If you make a rectangle and apply a bitmap fill instead of a linear fill, it will first be the Xara logo.
    Last edited by jimhanus; 16 December 2009 at 10:41 AM.

Thanks once again. Now it works like a charm. I also have the distinct impression I MAY actually know what I'm doing. Most likely incorrect and probably dangerous!

Dave

Dave,
    It's funny that I anticipated the Xara logo bitmap fill and line on the edge of the export! I think we've all been through those before. Something else to watch out for is that the bitmap fills can be linked together. If you make a bunch of rectangles and apply a bitmap fill to all of them, they all will have the default Xara logo. Then if you change just one of them, they all will change, so you have to make them one at a time. I've done it where I tried making a bunch of thumbnails with a bitmap fill and all were linked together. I had to go back to each one and make it a flat fill first before changing to a bitmap fill. Lots of extra work on my part, but it's something that can be useful when you need it.
    Good luck and have fun!

Jim