Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default artisteer and web designer

Hi, I created a template in artisteer, and would like to use web designer to turn it into a website.

Can this be done? I tried to import the html file made by artisteer, but it did not import. It just brought in one immage from the template.

Thanks

Default Re: artisteer and web designer

Hi David, Welcome to TG.

Web Designer (or Xtreme 5) are not HTML editors and cannot import HTML, only the images from it.

Thanks for the welcome, and the information.... But now I am confused. What is Web designer? I thought it was a WYSIWYG editor, and they have templates...

I am trying to make my first website, so I am very new to everything.

Thanks again.

Web Designer is a WYSIWYG graphical layout Web Site creator.
    Yes, they supply pre made/starter templates, but you are not restricted to using them.
    You can delete the lot if you wish and create your own unique web site design using the tools provided.

XWD is an HTML GENERATOR, not an HTML EDITOR... there's a world of difference.

Using XWD, it's easy enough to mimic the look of more or less any website. As it stands at the moment, XWD is a bit like a Christmas tree, with a bit of forethought, you can hang lots of nice decorations on it like forms, scrollers, movies, etc via placeholders.
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...687#post343687
    Rather than repeat all that has been said since the release of this ground breaking software, have a read through these two threads (at least .

About Xara Web Designer
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=36827
    Xara Web Designer: Charles Moir (Mr Xara)
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=36425

Welcome to TalkGraphics David

What you need to do is to recreate your template in XWD. The fact that XWD is a wysiwyg program means that you can put objects and text on the page in the position you want them and XWD will create the necessary HTML files to reproduce your page on the web.

It takes a little up front effort but the results are very impressive.

Thanks.... it looks very interesting. It isn't really what I was looking for (an html wysiwyg editor), but it has a lot of potential.

Thanks for the welcome and the information.

Edit: Sorry, I didn's see that last post before I posted.

Yes, that is what I was thinking I would need to do. It looks very nice from what I can see...
    Last edited by davidwillis; 14 December 2009 at 03:25 PM.

sorry to bug you with this one other thing. But I have been reading a bunch on web designer, and it is really looking good, but I would need to insert some html code. In my search for that I see that you add a placeholder to insert the code, but for the life of me I can not see how to do that.

It must be so simple no one has to explain it...lol

Quote Originally Posted by davidwillis View Post
    I have been reading a bunch on web designer
    Did you forget to read the Help File David

Open the Help File and use the index or search section and enter 'placeholder' then see the topic: 'Placeholder Tab'

lol... that is why nobody explains it... this is very good...