Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Colossal Cockpit

This is a piece I started quite awhile ago (one of my first with Xara) and never did finish. You know, one of those with grand intentions that never quite materialized. I spent a lot of time making buttons, instruments, etc. ..., and was never really happy with the way it turned out. Anyway, this is what it looked like when I quit and I never did use it for anything. I call it Colossal Cockpit because aside from honing my skills in Xara it was a colossal waste of time. I guess in the end it did find a purpose; the subject of an obscure thread at talkgraphics regarding bad judgment in project selection.

LOL. I'm glad I finally got to use it for something.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buckobeckcockpit.jpg 
Views:	508 
Size:	211.4 KB 
ID:	68327  
    Mark Beckemeyer AKA (buckobeck)
    Amateur artist and hobbyist macro photographer. I like bugs.
    buckobecks.com

Default Re: Colossal Cockpit

Sorry to disagree, but that is NOT a waste of time
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Hi,
    I agree with John not a waste of time...you just have to find a logical use for it...
    JimM

neodeist, can we agree that we disagree?

Scotty, any suggestions? Posting it here was the most logical use I've found so far.
    Last edited by buckobeck; 12 December 2009 at 05:45 PM.
    buckobecks.com

Of course we can Mark I just think images like this are inspirational for others along with your other work - it need have no other 'use' than that to be worthwhile
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 12 December 2009 at 05:40 PM. Reason: added what I meant to put in the first place!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Putting together an image is the best way to learn. And you have done a very workpersonlike job.

Even the most complex drawing is just a series of short steps. The trick is getting all the steps in the correct order.

neodeist, points well taken.

Gary, agreed. Can you define workpersonlike, I'm not sure I know what that means.
    buckobecks.com

There's a lot of learning wrapped up in that project, Mark. I have disks full of unused projects but I've learned something on everyone I did. It's all in the name of having a little fun creating something. Your works totally original and I like what you've done there.

It's a great cockpit with lots of details. I like the face in the monitor...unexpected.

You could use it for one frame of a hidden object game. That's something I keep thinking I want to do...create a game. I've actually made one page of game with the help of Peter Hewitt.

Gray. Thanks, sometimes I forget to look for the silver lining so it's good to have optimists such as yourself to remind me of that. I must admit, now that I think about it, that I did enjoy it at the time.

Burpee. Thank you for the compliments. The face that caught you unexpectedly in the monitor is mine, by-the-way. I have created a few games/tests in the past and I enjoyed it, but I'm afraid I don't have the patience to do anything too involved. I'm constantly jumping back and forth between things. Need to work on that I guess. I think you should pursue your dream of creating a game. With an imagination like yours it should be outstanding.

Since we're kind of on the topic of work that's of out of character, for me anyway, I thought I would post a couple more images. So, at the risk of assassinating my image with an image (LOL) here is a child's eyes and a dream catcher. I guess it's not all about skulls and wings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buckobeckeyesofachild.png 
Views:	288 
Size:	244.5 KB 
ID:	68343   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buckobeckdreamcatcher.png 
Views:	297 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	68344  

buckobecks.com