Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Setting up email/mail handler

Hi all,
    Am having a problem with setting up email links within my website (which is nearing completion!). I have used Xtreme 5 for my project and have included 2 email addresses on my "contact us" page which seem to work fine, HOWEVER, when I try to include some email contacts on my home page, I cannot get these additional email address to work as a link/hotspot and have tried many different angles but am rapidly reaching the end of my patience! For the email setup, after highlighting the text, I normally go to Utilities/Web Properties and Link to web address (mailto: .....@....com subject: .....etc....) which worked fine before, but when I preview (or publish) the website, that 'hotspot' does not react at all? Anyone throw some light on this please, I'm sure I'm doing something a bit dumb, and there is no doubt a simple answer, but ??? Also, I can't even find any reference to this topic under "Help" (searching for email, mail, hotspots, mail handler, etc ??).
    Cheers,
    Rikkoshea

As an afterthought, does someone know if email or other links/hotspots can be set up within a text frame, or maybe they HAVE to in a text fram, or some other object? I had been experimenting with that idea, but not yet successfully,
    Thanks in hope!
    Rikko
    Last edited by rikkoshea; 11 December 2009 at 01:05 PM. Reason: additional information

Default Re: Setting up email/mail handler

Hi again,
    Just to let you know that I stumbled across the answer to my email problem. It seems to have been a combination of using text in a box and layers. Once I managed to sort out the various boxes, I then used Arrange to put my email address (selected) to the Front, and somehow it now finally works after many hours today! Still don't know where the actual Help info is available for the mail handler topic - I'm sure it's there somewhere but a search of Help, and the Movies etc, failed to reveal it!
    Cheers,
    Rikko
    11 Dec 09