Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7

Default Windows 7

I've upgraded to windows 7. Xara Xtreme installed without problems, but Web Designer will not. Support has sent me several downloads to try but none seem to help. Anyone else have this problem ? Will there be a download upgrade from Xara to help ? I hate to lose a nice fifteen page website on cartooning that I've created.

Default Re: Windows 7

Your .web file(s) will open in XX5 and XX4, though some bits may be missing you won't lose it all
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I've seriously entertained the prospect of moving to Windows 7, but will refrain until this issue is resolved by Xara. Thanks for bringing this to light.

What issues need to be resolved by Xara??
    XWD and XX5 install fine on Windows 7 32bit and 64bit without any special requirements.

@Truroneil - please explain the problems you have encountered.

Thanks for that reassurance, Steve.

Thanks for the comments and encouragement. Appreciated
    To Sledger:
    Xara Web Designer appeared to re-install without problems, but when I open my files, I found I could not preview the web pages as working pages. An error statement: unable to find the filter to import that file with. I even tried it with the model demo page: could not export or preview the web page.

Xara has tried to send me support emails (three) but the unzipped files weren't recognized and the problem not fixed.

Perhaps I'll see if I can open my untested -on-my-computer web site in Xara Xtreme 5.

I really like Windows 7, but upgrading can be a pain with re-installing programs and getting emails going again and everything. Unless something miraculous happens, this will be the last upgrade for an old codger like me.

I can live without Web Designer, but not Xara Xtreme and it seems to work fine

Cheers, Neil (in wintry Nova Scotia)

Hi Neil,

You can keep the winter cold - I'm fine here in the tropics

Neil, I expect this might be the same thing that Xara sent?
    But have a look at this thread in the 'Read The FAQs' forum:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=42597

I spoke too soon. I opened my files in Xara Xtreme 5. They looked just as I wanted them. I opened the web tool bar and clicked on the preview button: clang - warning - unable to find filter to import files with" Still Unable to test the links, the enlargements, the moves between pages.

How can I test it on something else in case my files are the problem ?

It's a mystery! Xara Xtreme was re-installed from a case; Web Designed from a saved download.

Neil

See post #7

Too late tonight to tackle the DebugView program and not sure I can handle it anyway. Maybe I'll uninstall Xara and Web Designer and wait for my daughter to come home at christmas and see if she fares any better. toodle-de-do, N