Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: New Holland

Default New Holland

This is something I've been working on/off for a while. I did it because I thought it would be a little different. I'll hopefully get around to adding some colour soon.
    Many years ago, I had a program called 'Professional Draw' which I used for drawing agricultural parts, but never the whole machine. Unfortunately the software vanish some time ago. I've used CAD software a lot but it's too clinical for this sort of work. Xara Xtreme is superb for both it's technical ability and it's simplicity.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: New Holland

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Might be best in the future to post a JPEG, GIF or 8-bit PNG image. Just quicker that's all.

Hello hrhpauel and welkome to the TG forum and the gallery forum. your tractor drawing is very good, but I see the most of your objects there are lines, you can joined the all lines and fill them with colors, this give your tractor illustration more effects and like what Gary said in the future post an JPEG Image. again this is very good tractor illustration, like it. Regards BP
    Im in love with Xara X / BP
    Friends, I apologize for my broken English
    My TG Albums: http://www.talkgraphics.com/album.php?u=20432

Many thanks for your pointers. I've come into Xara from a CAD background and am just adapting to doing drawings as closed cell objects. I may make a closed cell drawing beneath the illustration, which will hopefully enable me to add some colour and depth... early days... but learning quickly.

Welcome to TG. Nice clean illustration you did there. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

I've started on the work of colouring.... but here a .jpg, which is a bit quicker to view...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NH Tractor.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	68177  

Paul, I like it. good start. want to see it finished, can´t wait. if you don´t mind i well start to play with your attached xar file and color it. Regards BP
    Im in love with Xara X / BP
    Friends, I apologize for my broken English
    My TG Albums: http://www.talkgraphics.com/album.php?u=20432

Welcome to Talkgraphics Paul.
    I´ve worked with AutoCad some years ago and i know what you mean by clinical . Anyway Xtreme is completely different from CAD software and gives a lot of freedom to create graphics from "technical" to artistic and almost everything in between. hum...i´m sounding like a marketing guy... time to shut up.
    Nice linework. Keep us updated on your progress.

Hi Paul, I come from a CAD background as well. Using art programs has been a complete turn-around for me. I'm interested to see how you progress with Xara since you can set it up for an isometric grid. Perhaps you'll retain some of your CAD background with XX. I've completely lost mine.

Your tractor is a great start, very accurate.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?