Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Then again, have you noticed how Xara gets some stick for not having up to date filters? So far as I know the big boys don't have any Xara filters at all..

I do find AI9 much more stable than even the latest Xara X, though, and that is quite important from a productivity point of view

regards

Tony
    Tony

Jens,

You're quite right. I have all the other apps, 'all' the Adobe stuff, PS6, AI9, Corel, etc, and only use them as convertion filters for the Mac dickheads, though i do use Photoshop 6 a hell of a lot because there is nothing to beat it.

But I understand where you are coming from.

I had a Mac and 286 PC running concurently on my desk a long time ago, for 'excatly' the reasons the modern day computer snobs say, but, and heres the rub, that 286 PC, and its software, has come a hell of a lot further in terms of development, app for app, that the MAC equivalent, and I really can't see the difference today between them, except for I can build a high brow PC for a lot less than buy in a Mac, and of course lets not forget the software........

Regards
    Stewart

Hei Jens!

I enjoyed reading your diatribe against the Mac-idots a LOT! Maybe you have it in you to beat even me on the diatribe scale? ;-)

Even so, I still beat you on the Toyota scale: my Corolla is only 12 years old - so there.

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Here in Belgium we have the same MacAdobe conservatism. Their strenght is tradition. BECAUSE, and only because the "pro's" use Mac and Adobe, Mac and Adobe are thought in school. So the new generation, having learned to work with only those two, gets used to them and can quietly go on sleeping, considering every change an attack...because they would have to learn something new.
    I come from CorelDraw9, and am new to Xara. Well, I do more and more things with Xara and tend to forget the existence of the other. A friend of mine works with AI on Mac, and I showed him the tiny bit I can do with Xara. He immediately changed the subject of the discussion.

It may well be that it requires an open mind to learn the Xara shortcuts etc because they are "untraditional", but, objectively speaking: they are far more logical and often so simple that one tends to search for far more complicated solutions.

And we all know that the articles in magazines are simply an excuse to make people read the real content: advertisements.

I beat you on the car scale; my Porsche is twenty years old, doesn't get looked after, and never has, and still starts every morning in hard frost, LOL!

Regards
    Stewart

Stewart, you live in England while I live in Norway. You don't know the _meaning_ of hard frost - you think it's just fog with a bit more chilly water in it!

:-)

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

England? Heaven forbid, I'm a good Jock.

XaraX has been reviewed at ZDNet online, here. It's a very positive review, and the few criticisms are valid ones, moreso than other reviews I've seen so far.

james
    ============================================
    James Riemermann
    MN Office of Tourism
    james.riemermann@state.mn.us

For travel info: www.exploreminnesota.com
    ============================================