Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Another Gradient Page Background Question

I understand how to create the web page background (outside the main web page panel - say 955 pix wide) by creating a small bitmap file 15 pix times whatever. I am trying to design a web site that has the following background:
    1. Header - with a some transparency other than linear.
    2. Body - with a linear transparency - solid at top light at bottom.
    3. Footer - solid - same color as header.

Now I want to create a small bitmap file to use to tile the page background so that the header and footer will expand across any size screen. I have grouped the items together and scaled to width but when I try to export as a Jpeg (full color, rounded pixels) I cannot get it to export the image. I get a message that says "the selection uses a transparency type that cannot be held in a standard bitmap".

Can anyone tell me what I am am dealing with and how to approach creating the bitmap I am looking for (within Xara)? The end result needs to be a header and footer that expands the full width of any screen size/resolution. with a fixed size center body.

Default Re: Another Gradient Page Background Question

I moved your thread to the Talk Web forums.

Please post any web related posts to this forum.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: Another Gradient Page Background Question

Ok. Quite simple. Just created the vertical gradient 15 pixels by 900 (or whatever) with the gradient. Created a separate solid rectangle 15 x 50. Joined them magnetically and then grouped them, exported the image as png and then applied the bitmap fill (repeat) background option.

One thing that was fooling me was that the preview of the export was only showing the gradient part of the image (odd) and not the header part.
    Attached Files Attached Files