Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Tried to make a link to another page in the caption underneath the thumbnails of a photoalbum page (xara 4). Anyone know if this is possible and how?
    I use frontpage and of course it does not show javascript in design mode. If I had to write the html code in html view what is required and where exactly would I have to place it?

Tried to make a link to another page in the caption underneath the thumbnails of a photoalbum page (xara 4). Anyone know if this is possible and how?
    I use frontpage and of course it does not show javascript in design mode. If I had to write the html code in html view what is required and where exactly would I have to place it?

Hello Doodle,

Welcome to Talkgraphics. Hmmm, the HTML code to make a caption into a link. How about this...

<a href="pageyouwanttolinkto.htm">Your Caption </a>

Replace pageyouwanttolinkto.htm with the Url of the page you want to link to and replace your caption, with whatever you have for a caption.

Thanks for posting a reply John. Tried that and it did not work. Aware that Frontpage sometimes screws up html so also tried pasting code into notepad and then putting everything back into the frontpage page but to no avail.
    I'm actually making this link to movie clips (taken with my digi camera so movie clips are in .mov format). Also found that for some reason the movie clips will not open up and run using realplayer. Anyone know of a site which has movie clips in a Xara designed page?
    Ho, hum. Struggling here

Thanks for replying to my post, John. Tried that and itdid not work. Aware that Frontpage sometimes scres up html code so also pasted code into the full page using notepad and then putting it all back into front page but still no joy. Must be changing the code somewhere?
    The link is actually being made to run some movie clips taken with my digi camera . Clips in .mov format and will not run from the web pages (using realpayer). Anyone know of a site with movie clips which has been laid out with Xara?

sorry, Doodle. I do not play Front page. IMHO it is garbage, bought it many years ago, installed it and found out it was another microsoft false advertising thing. Gripped about it ever since.

I asked Xara customer support this question and first reply received within 24 hours. I requested clarification and within 24 hours had a full reply with the required code instructions and it works!!
    First class customer support - quick , efficient and accurate. Just what I wanted!