Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default book and magazine export pdf multi page

Hi,

I have not tried this yet but had a friend who did a 50+ page spreads with xara pro and had problems exporting as pdf for press. Problems were out of memory and crashes while exporting to pdf. Has this been an issue lately?

Can a book or a magazine be done and files pdf/x be send to printers without any export issues?

Default Re: book and magazine export pdf multi page

Maybe the question is: Is Xara Xtreme a Desktop Publisher app?

I know it is not but with all the new features added to text etc.. it is saying that its capable of desktop publishing as well.

True they do mention the DTP acronym, and I do routinely use XXP for flyers and brochures. However, for 50+ page magazines or book publishing I would consider this a big ask for Xtreme who's core is a fast vector graphics application.
    OOM errors are being reported more often recently for one reason or another, I do think that the continued development of digital cameras producing higher resolution images can be factored into this a lot. Preparation of resources prior to the creation of your Xara pages is important.

Thanks love your new avatar.

Why is the rephrased question more valid? Isn't the OP asking about bugs, and stability at large file sizes? Since many of the xara intro videos talk specifically about how much faster and smarter Xara is at handling large photo sizes and file sizes, I infer that stability at large file size and page counts is an already-touted feature. Bugs and performance difficulty here would be a direct contradiction of X Ltd.'s reasons why people should buy Xtreme, and not a competitor.