Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Placing code in <body> tag

I need to generate the following: <body onLoad="document.supplogin.user.focus();" style=""> to ensure the focus goes to a specific field on page load.

XWD seems to have addresses the issue of placing code at the end of a body section for analytics code but I can find no way within XWD of inserting code within the initial <body> tag.

Suire I can edit each file post generation but rather as in my previous post regarding putting php code at the very beginning of a file this seems a major ommission on Xara's part in not supporting Web SItes with significant serve scripting or use of javascript in user developed (rather than XWD generated) code.

As I said before, "come on Xara, give us what we need"!

If I have missed how to do this many apologies. A search of the forum for <body> produced, surprisingly, no results.

Default Re: Placing code in <body> tag

Hello Dcollard

I think you can do this with a placeholder. Do a search in the Help files for "Placeholder".

The benefit for using a placeholder is you do not have to change the code each time you republish the site.

Default Re: Placing code in <body> tag

Quote Originally Posted by dcollard View Post
    ...this seems a major ommission on Xara's part in not supporting Web SItes with significant serve scripting or use of javascript in user developed (rather than XWD generated) code.
    I don't agree.
    Xara Web Designer was not developed for or aimed at such users. It's been clearly stated numerous times.