Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to save gradient?

I know how to create and save gradients in PSP Gradient Editor but recently I played with KPT Gradient Lab plugin,created several nice gradients and tried to save them to my PSP Gradients folder as .grd or .jgd files changing the extension of a saved KPT presets by using Windows file manager.Unfortunatelly it didn't work at all.I know the easiest path is to save the preset and open the KPT Gradient Lab editor when you want to apply it but is maybe any way to save the files to PSP Gradients folder?
    PSPX2 Ultimate
    IP

Default Re: How to save gradient?

Having had a play with KPT 7, it seems to me that gradients in PSP can only be saved if they have been edited with PSP's Gradient Editor. What KPT 7 creates are bitmaps which are uneditable outside of the plugin.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

The gradients in PSP are not images but settings as in a text file.
    The only way would be to create a new gradient and use the Dropper to sample from the Kpt created one.
    Or save in KPT
    IP

Thank you guys for your responses.It looks like saving gradient as KPT preset is the best solution.
    Thanks again.
    PSPX2 Ultimate
    IP