Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Exporting picture with edge

Dear all!

With my Xtreeme5 I have found a big problem with exporting images. No matter what I do, my exported pictures (.png, .jpg, .gif) always have a white/grey edge on the bottom right side of the graphics. See pictures below..

1. This is my exported picture. Looks good.
    Name:  talk-graphics-export.png
Views: 334
Size:  3.0 KB

2. I open it in image browser and zoom it. On the right side, there is a small orange square, which I zoomed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	talk-graphics-export2.png 
Views:	224 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	67932

3. And on the picture below, you can see, what I am talking about. On the right and bottom side of the whole picture, there is a small white/grey line, which is very stressfull.
    Name:  talk-graphics-export3.png
Views: 327
Size:  1.7 KB

It would be great, if someone can help me.

Best regards, Luka

Default Re: Exporting picture with edge

Welcome to the Forums Luka,

To export your images without those solid color corners you will need to first select the .png file type and then ensure you are choosing True Color + Alpha.

GIF supports transparency of one colour only but not Alpha transparency, so always export GIF against a background which is similal to the background it will be finally used on.
    JPG of course does not support any transparency.

Thank you for a very quick reply.

I exported posted images in .png and with True Colour + Alpha, but the problem is somewhere else..

All my pictures I export, no matter file format or transparency, they always have bottom right edge white/grey coloured. See different formats and pictures below..

This is a .png picture of all exported images each on black background. Picture is not transparented by purpuse, to see, that also around this "big" image with 3 boxes is white/grey rounded on bottom right side.

Name:	talk-graphics-export4.png 
Views:	226 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	67938

This are all pictures, exported in different file formats. Save them and zoom each to see, what am I trying to explain.

Name:  talk-graphics-export5.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  1,018 Bytes
    Name:  talk-graphics-export6.gif
Views: 311
Size:  1.1 KB
    Name:  talk-graphics-export7.png
Views: 296
Size:  1.1 KB

I hope I explained the problem better than first time.

Best, Luka

Quote Originally Posted by lmulej View Post
    All my pictures I export, no matter file format or transparency, they always have bottom right edge white/grey coloured. See different formats and pictures below..
    I'm sorry, but I cannot see this on your posted images.

But I think what you might be referring to is something which has been brought up many times at TG regarding the exporting of bitmaps.

Xara Xtreme can work with measurements which include part pixel numbers. For example 10.2 x 25.7 pixels
    When objects with those kind of dimensions are exported, the bitmap result is rounded up or down to the nearest pixel, this often causes a visible 'edge' especially when the quality setting is set to maximum (VHQ).
    The work-around is to always make sure your objects are *whole* pixels. Sometimes it's of benefit to drop the quality setting too.

Earlier versions of Xtreme were less prone to this.

Dear sledger!

Thank you for all your help. And yes, in earlier versions of Xara I didn' t find this problem.

Thanx again, Luka

Further to Sledgers explanation regarding whole pixel sized shapes there was also a bug in XX5 which led to fringing if the object was not on whole pixel locations.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 01 December 2009 at 08:05 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Dear!

Today I finally installed updates for XXP5 CD version. First I tried to export .png graphics, but the result was the same as I mentioned in my 2nd post here - white lines on bottom and reight side of graphics. I hoped, this was solved with upgrades, but it seems not?

Make sure your objects are *whole* pixels

Name:	whole-pixels.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	72132

Dear!

I tried, but it doesn' t work. See examples below. When exporting the red box into .png, I also tried both: "True colour" and "True colour + Alpha". The result was still graphics with white lines on the sides...

Attachments: test3-5.png are the results of exporting.

Is there any other way, to avoid this white white sides?

Kind regards,
    Luka
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TG-example1.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	72163   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TG-example2.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	72164  

Name:	test3.png 
Views:	165 
Size:	1.4 KB 
ID:	72165  
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Hi Luka,

Please attach your .xar file.

I attach my *.xar which exports each rectangle as JPG or PNG cleanly with no white edges. (with JPG, please make sure your compression setting is very low, I use 80% IQ)
    It also exports all three as a group as PNG true colour + Alpha with no white edges.

Please open and then export my file objects and let us know the result.
    Attached Files Attached Files