Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: links

Hi Bernice,

"but I cannot find it. It would be amongst all the other Xara bits at the bottom of the drop down, wouldnt it?"

What are these other Xara bits you are seeing in your Insert menu dropdown?

I am using DWMX2004 but wouldn't think it is that much different from DWMX. Anyhow this is what my Insert menu dropdown looks like (see images). Note the item in the red box. Also in the Common tab of the toolbar note the MenuMaker icon in the red box.

Does your Insert dropdown and toolbar show these items?

Don
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MMDWPic.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	1065  

Hi Don

I have now uninstalled everything and downloaded again but no, I am not geting the addon in my Insert dropdown.

I am wondering if I am downloading right!I have put the application into a folder in My Document>downloads then double clicking to install. it tells me it is installing so....

I have been to support and got an answer there and they said to download this addin too.

Is this something to do with Webstyle as you mentioned it and support mentioned Webstyle Elements too but support gave me the same address for the addin as you did and they knew What DW I am using. will I Have to buy Webstyle 4? hope not as I am doing a community website and there isn't any money. I bought the Menu maker myself

I cannot understand how I can can get the menu on one page and then not into another.

I have put it on a page that people don't really visit and here is the address for you to have a look

http://www.dailly-parish.co.uk/comments/comments.htm

Now this file is in a folder and is the only file in the folder.

Of course I have folders with quite a few files in and I am having trouble getting the menu into these files.

I have got myself confused as I reckoned that you would have one folder with the menu, js etc in and then somehow make a link and the way you told me to do it with the library and assest I see the sense but of course I can't do this without the addin!!!

I don't know how to add a screen shot to this page I am afraid. Still learn computers after only having one for 10 years. lol

Thank you again for you patience with this novice

Regards

Berenice

Hi Bernice,

I think we have gotten way off track! Back in your third message you wrote: "I haven't got insert>XMMDwExObject. I have Insert>Xara menumaker>Navbar/menu. When I do this the buttons are on the page. Is this what I copy. I also notice that among the button files there isn't an html page. I have seen this a few times when I have saved then sometimes not!!"

I should have noticed that DWMX is different than DWMX2004 in how it displays the MenuMaker extension in the Insert menu from your description. I also should have noticed that you did indeed get the navbar on your page. This is how it is supposed to work. It does not generate a html page, just the button files. It simply puts the navbar on the html page you started with in DW.

Go ahead and use the Xara Menumaker/Navbar/Menu again and then start with item 3 in the tutorial I sent you and go from there. Let me know how it works.

Don

Hi don

well, I seem to have found out how to do it.

I have to put all the files, including the js. into each root folder or sub folder. I thought I was having trouble with nameing the links but it seems that these were ok!! I was putting them in the wrong place!! lol

Now I am going to redo the site as I will have to put all of it into templates. I had done this previously but I then had trouble so took them all off the template. but now I NEED to do this or I will be inserting the menu into every page every week!! lol.

Do you know how to get the link from the template working in each page as you make it from the Template??

If not that is ok as the Support asked me if I use the template in DW so they will probaly help me.

Thanks you very much for your time and patience and I really appreciate it

Regards

Berenice

Glad you are having success Bernice. I will defer to Xara Support should you need further assistance.

Don