Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Help with smooth flash animation

I cannot for the life of me get the flash to work properly. I put the different frames up and they end up being animated in a jerky way, nowhere near the smooth versions of other animations that I see. Is there anyone that can walk me through or point me towards a flash image tutorial to make smooth flash animations. I would really apprec
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ace2go; 26 November 2009 at 07:00 AM.
    IP

Default Re: Help with smooth flash animation

http://cd.xara.com/xaracontent/us/flash.mp4

More free Xara Xtreme video tutorials here:
    http://www.xara.com/uk/products/xtre...emos/?tab=xara

Here:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=21893

And here:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=28298
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 26 November 2009 at 06:58 AM.
    IP

I have followed those tutorials, i got the full cd with them on it. When it shows the example for theirs, you see a smooth flash animation from frame to frame, as in it feeds in the middle pictures between say, a and f (it adds what it thinks should be b,c,d,e ; but with how I have tried to follow it, it just flashes between a and f, and does not add the b,c,d,e; am I doing something wrong?
    IP

Are you naming the object which you want to smoothly tween?
    Are you noticing any error messages which are shown when you press the Preview Flash button?
    IP

Naming object to tween? what if I have multiple objects? and how do I do that?

edit : Holy freakin' cow, I did it! Thank you so much! So can you do multiple objects? and if you can, what about if you change the attributes of an image, how would that go across : ex. changing 2d text to 3d text and keeping the smooth animation. Thanks a lot again!

p.s. : How do you get rid of the blinking on the animation once it starts from the beginning again
    p.s. edit : fixed by setting background view on frame to "0"

Cannot seem to make the text work
    getting error message :
    Frame 1: Unpaired tween name <steven> of text object
    Frame 3: Unpaired tween name <steven> of group
    Last edited by ace2go; 26 November 2009 at 07:26 AM.
    IP

Name them too
    IP

Cannot seem to make the text work
    getting error message :
    Frame 1: Unpaired tween name <steven> of text object
    Frame 3: Unpaired tween name <steven> of group
    IP

Please don't go back and edit posts, it makes the responses in the thread senseless, this is not a chat program, it's a forum.

The errors messages you see in the preview check are clues to why something doesn't work.
    IP

I understand that they are clues as to why they do not work. When it says something about unpaired tween name to object, I assume that the object does not have the same stationary name across, say all 3 frames. I check to see if that is the problem , but it is not the case
    IP

ace, only objects that you require to tween should be named. If they are going to remain static leave them unnamed. These error messages can often just point out what can't / won't be done, but they often don't effect the final animation. For example if you have a 2 frame animation and on frame one have an object named "foo" but it's not on frame two, you'll get the unpaired error message.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP