Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Circle size

Default Re: Circle size

Hi Ed,

I'm not sure how you have your pages setup. I have mine setup for 20 posts per page, not the default for vBulletin but was for the old InfoPop forum software used by Talkgraphics.

So your post is the last on my page one, and my post will be on page two.

I notice when I open this thread a notice shows up asking if I want to install the Quicktime plugin (which I never allow to install, terrible software in my opinion). The use of the MP4 video is the cause of the prompt for Quicktime, even though I have two other programs that are the defaults for that file type.

Perhaps your music is somehow related to the quicktime plugin.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

The music comes from JimR's MP4 screen movie in post#9.
    It his his own playing and composition, 'Shadows of Ingman'

For all those who dislike the invasive terrible Apple Quicktime (myself included), an alternative was developed many years ago which does not take over your computers.
    It's called, QuickTime Alternative and can be found here.
    I've used this for years, it's perfectly fine and solves the Apple issues.

I use the that too, I'm really tired of those big, bloated pieces of software that invades your machine, taking everything over and reminding you to upgrade every 15 minutes (or doing it without asking...)

I can recommend Foxit PDF reader too, same thing really compared to the 'original'.

If there's a 'standard' here for video format I can easily follow that if you like, I see every kind of video format available here and I can do them all in Sony Vegas. I chose MP4 to get the smallest file with good quality.

JimR

FOXIT Reader user myself

The only trouble with MP4 Jim is the player has no controls and will run/download as soon as a member opens the page. Adding MP4 recently has been a bit of an experiment, I'd rather use the JW Player which plays MP4 using a flash player (with controls), but it doesn't work with vBulletin attachment URLs.
    However you can use the bbcode tag [WMV] and MP4 will still play for people with the latest Windows Media Player installed on thier machines..
    I have edited your post#9 to use the Windows Media Player.
    However, probably the better method for quick demos is .swf and use the [FLASH] bbcode to embed in your post.
    Lengthier tutorial type videos are best suited to uploading to a youtube account then embedding here for which you use the [youtube] tag and video ID only.

Complete bbcode list

Note: The two last youtube bbcodes are now redundant since YouTube changed their own embedding code.

Err...I came here to read about circle sizes, not QuickTime and other software. Would it be possible to keep this thread on topic?
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Sorry Bob,

I thought there was a problem with the page and just wanted to clear it up in case it was a nuicance to others. The music is quite beautiful btw.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Hi Ed, I was only joking!
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by Karateed View Post
    Sorry Bob,

I thought there was a problem with the page and just wanted to clear it up in case it was a nuicance to others. The music is quite beautiful btw.
    This thread kills my browser everytime unless I jump straight to the 3rd page. Which is very annoying because I was interested in what was beibg said.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Hi Grace, as mentioned in post#24 the Quicktime requesting post#9 has been changed to utilize the standard Windows Media Player browser plugin.

Hey Bob,

No problem at all....I like the tune.....just couldn't see where it was coming from and wanted to ensure there was no problem.

After looking again I can see where it happens so I'm happy.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11