Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Circle size

Default Re: Circle size

Jim,

As the Radius, Diameter or bounds creation buttons make no difference to the results of the manual input on my machine, however seeing your video makes me wonder about your language and units setup for Windows?
    Just a hunch because none of the other suggestions (line width, line scaling etc) make any difference to this input field on my systems.

I have Danish language and units, do you really think that would be part of the issue?

We have two Xara Xtreme 5.1 installations here and the other installation works with diameter and bounds creation (but not with radius creation) while mine only work with bounds creation.

It looks like a bug to me, I have reported it to Xara.

regards

JimR

If it were a bug I'd expect it to act the same for each XX5.1 installation.
    Are both machines similar hardware and running similar Windows versions?

PS: I liked the music playing with your MP4 in the earlier post. Who is that?

The machines are pretty much the same IBM Thinkpads running Windows XP, it is a little strange.

The music is my own, composed and recorded in my home studio. Jim Radmer on BandBase

regards

JimR

Good stuff Jim, a variety of styles.
    'Shadows of Ingman' reminds me of old Shadows stuff.

Yes, if both laptops are the same models running the same OS version then there's something odd going on causing XX5 to act differently on each.

Deleting the Xtreme Key in the Windows registry will cause Xtreme to rewrite the key and therefore reset back to factory defaults on first run.
    If you're game you could try this as an experiment. (disclaimer: normal warnings apply)
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\Xtreme

It has nothing to do with the registry settings--it's a bug. I reported it in 4.0, and they obviously never fixed it, even though it worked correctly in 3.0. Note that Jim's control points are not at 0, 90, 180... If you make your control points non-horizontal and non-vertical, you will see it for yourself.

(My ticket, HQH-725408, is marked 'Closed' and 'High-priority'--go figure.)

Thanks for putting light on the subject, we'll se what they do about it

JimR

There, bug confirmed:

Hello,

I apologise for this, I have added this to the bug list and it should be fixed soon,

Unfortunately i do not have an ETA for the fix at this time, however when a patch or update is built it will be displayed on the xara website.

Many Thanks

CS

Ticket Details
    Ticket ID: YWH-367268
    Department: Using a product
    Priority: Normal

JimR

Cheers for the update Jim. I always use the bounds creation set up so I've never come across this one.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Folks, when I am on page one of this thread I hear music playing. Is anyone else hearing this? I'm wondering where it's coming from. It was a bit of a shock to all of a sudden hear this, though it's very nice music.

Thanks,
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11