Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Export Web Designer as html

I am trying to export to the folder that the .web file for my client is in. Just for the heck of it I started WD created a brand new blank page, put a black rectangle on the page, set the web properties to popup text when the rectangle has a mouseover. Next I tried to export this to another folder on my hard drive called misc. No go. So I tried various folders with the same results. It's simply like the program does not have an export function even though it shows you one available. Xara suggested to do the last procedure with the black rectangle on a new page. I am waiting for a response to the email I sent them telling them it did not work. My new hard drive with Windows 7 Pro is so new with little on it yet to **** it up that it's hard to believe that this program is doing what it is. My other Xara products work just fine in Windows 7.
    Thanks for the suggestion, waiting for any more.......
    chast

Quote Originally Posted by chast View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, waiting for any more.......

Certainly seems an issue unique to your system, especially since the other Xara products are fine.
    What about you download the 30 day trial of Xara Xtreme 5 and see if that exports to html without problems?

Ok must be careful with my wording. I did what you suggested sledger and downloaded Xtreme 5. Installed, created a page, exported to the same folder I was using with Web Designer. Guess what everything worked just fine.
    Now I don't know whether to wait for new version of WD, which is rumored to have popup menu feature or ourchase Xtreme 5. Do you think Xtreme 5 will do everything that Web Designer will do? There just has to be a glitch in the original Web Designer file I downloaded in March of this year.
    This does not fix Web Designer but it gives me more ammo to try and help Xara on their next email to me for suggested help.
    Thank You
    chast

Quote Originally Posted by chast View Post
    Do you think Xtreme 5 will do everything that Web Designer will do?
    Yes, Xtreme has everything that Web Designer has. Web Designer is in fact a subset of Xtreme.
    With Xtreme you get so much more in terms of graphical creativity for web design as much as general vector illustration work.

Just one final piece of info. Using Xtreme 5 I opened the .web file that was in the folder I created using Web Designer. After loading the file I then saved it as an html file in the same folder. It worked just perfectly. This proves that Web Designer is the bug and not the computer. I am contemplating the purchase of Xtreme 5. Do you know if there is much difference between it and Xtreme 5 Pro. There is quite a price difference. Thanks everyone for all the help in this problem with Web Designer. If I ever really find out what caused the problem in Web Designer I will be sure to post it to you in order to help someone down the road that maybe has the same or similar problem.

chast

Pro is geared more towards professionals using Xtreme for print/print industry.
    Pantone support, color separation, PDF/x support, HD Photo import and an advanced objects gallery are some of the enhanced features of Pro.

Nothing however is different in-so-far-as Web design and HTML output, both are identical in this regard.

See full details here:
    http://www.xara.com/uk/products/xtreme/advanced/

OK talkgraphics community I have one more question concerning Xtreme 5. Since I have been able to save my .web, now .xar in html format I had one last thing I needed to do, insert html code developed by Webstyle 4 into Xtreme for the main drop down menu. I developed a plain simple menu with drop down items using Webstyle 4, saved it in a specific folder, went to Xtreme 5, opened the xar file,in the same folder as developed menu, made a placeholder, using web properties inserted the html code, (<script src="xaramenu.js"></script><script Webstyle4 src="links.js"></script>
    ) went to the preview button and when it came up everything was there except the menu. When I made the placeholder I made sure the mouseoff layer was the default selected layer. When I used the same placeholder and told it to display a graphic or text it works just fine. Any idea what I am doing wrong that the insert html code is not working?
    Thanks again for any help
    chast

Hi Chast,

The Xara Support site offers instructions specifically for insert a Webstyle or Menu Maker navbar
    http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...articleid=2741
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update