Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to maintain transparency in a image

HI:

I am trying to create an image for a tee shirt. When I creat the project in CD14, and start the program, a white box is my background.

When I am done creating, and save the file either as a JPG or a PNG, the white background remains there, and this is a problem. For example. If I am re-creating the slogan "Got Milk?", and I use red for the color of the text, and I am printing on a blue shirt. ALl I want to see is the blue shirt with "Got Milk?" written in red. I don't need to see a white border around the text.
    I hope I am explaining this correctly. I just need the text from my CDR graphic to print, not any background.

I guess a better example would be if I were typing a document in Microsoft Word, and printing it on Blue paper, only the text would print out, not the white background that I type on, and I need the same thing to happen in Corel Draw 14.

I tried saving as a TIF and I tried selecting Transparent Background, and neither seemed to work. This is driving me a little crazy.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Chaz
    IP

Default Re: How to maintain transparency in a image

Hi Chaz and welcome to the forum. Rather than save the file, you need to export it. Select your graphic and go to the File Menu/Export and choose PNG (Portable Network Graphics) as the file type. Make sure the Transparent Background Box is checked.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Default Re: How to maintain transparency in a image

That did it! Thank you very much!

Chaz
    IP