Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ice text

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Ice text

Looking for some inspiration I did a web search for text effects, among the many results I found a few nice effects of text that looked like ice. That set me on an effort of trial and error to create this kind of effect in Xtreme. I'm still perfecting my technique, but I'm almost there. Below is what I've managed to achieve so far, once I have it perfected I will put together a tutorial.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ice text.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	67757  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Ice text

Very nice!

I like what you've done, so far. Maybe a little more distortion of the background as seen through the ice letters would help to enhance the effect of ice. Then again, maybe not. It's just a suggestion.

Did you use Alien Skin's Xenofex 2 lightning or electricity plug-in for the cracks along the edges?

Lookin' good and cold,
    Harry

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Thank you both. There are no plug ins used in this effect. How I did the cracks is one of the secrets that I will share when I post the tutorial! I like the distortion idea, I will play with that when I get back to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Looking good
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    How I did the cracks is one of the secrets that I will share when I post the tutorial!
    Silhouettes of trees and/or tree branches? However you created them, they're repetitive in your icy text teaser. That much I can tell after trying to scrutinize your graphic closely.

Very effective Frances, the cracks are almost like lightening bolts. Looking forward to your tutorial.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

That's Super, Frances! Looking forward to your tutorial.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    ....... once I have it perfected .......
    It looks pretty darn close to me. That's Fantastic Frances!
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Yep, looks very much like ice to me, Frances. Looking forward to the tutorial.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.