Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Photo contest site

I hope someone have some suggestions.

I have a client that is looking for the following.

A website where people can upload one photo with info about themselves. It’s a contest to win a car. There will be about one million entries. People will vote for the best photo.

It is one category only and the first page should show the photos with most votes.

What would be the best program to use for this? I can’t use flicker or similar sites since the client will sell the database.

Thanks in advance

Tom

Default Re: Photo contest site

Tom, are you serious? 1 million entries? Are the public going to be aware of this? Only the handful of photos in the top 2 to 3 pages will get a vote.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by camelot217 View Post
    There will be about one million entries. People will vote for the best photo.
    Which people? Panel of judges or the general public?
    Who on earth would be able to look at and judge their favorite out of 1 million photos (if a million entries means just one photo per entrant?)

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Tom, are you serious? 1 million entries? Are the public going to be aware of this? Only the handful of photos in the top 2 to 3 pages will get a vote.

That's what the client tell me...who knows. It does not cost anything to enter and it can be pics from phones and cameras. It's not about the quality but more about capture moments from he event.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Which people? Panel of judges or the general public?
    Who on earth would be able to look at and judge their favorite out of 1 million photos (if a million entries means just one photo per entrant?)
    I think anyone can vote on this. I know it's a bit wild, but they want it and they will pay....so what can I say ;-). I do not think they will come anywhere close to a million.

I was thinking of using a yoomla type site, I'm sure there is an extension or mod for this.

Tom