Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Repeated crashes with access violations and other warning messages

Is anyone else having problems with repeated crashes involving a variety of warning messages. I just had a crash indicating there was an "access violation", yes I have installed the tweak for backing up but this is ridiculous. I'm using Xara5, doesn't seem to do it as often with Web Designer. I've started using Web Designer more again, but if anyone has an idea let me know. I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice now and it still happens.

Default Re: Repeated crashes with access violations and other warning messages

Could be a little more specific please?

Which Xara software are you using?
    Which Operating system?

Can you repeat the crashes/AV's with the same steps?
    Does it happen with all open files or one specific file?

Could you post the file or a screen shot of the crash or AV message?

EDIT: OK, I see you edited your post while I was posting and have answer some of my questions (I assume Xara5 means Xtreme 5?).

sledger,

Yes I'm using Xara Xtreme 5 running on Windows XP Pro. It seems to happen on any open file and I haven't noticed a particular set of events that sets it off. Earlier today I received an error message of an "access violation", last night I had a crash with a message of "exception violation" or similar. I'll take a series of screenshots and compile them or at least post the exact error message.

Thanks.

X5 has crashed twice so far today. I'm working in Web Designer now to avoid any problems.

These are the messages I received today:
    Internal Program Error 1521.w.sr.em; Out of Memory; Internal Program Error 434.w.pa.an.

Sound familiar to anyone? Thanks!

OOM errors are familair and have been reported a number of times.

Have you logged a ticket with Xara Support (link in my sig)