Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Is not the focus to generate a code which is W3C compliant?

If I may put in my 2 cents.

The W3C recommendations are many and often incompatible. Attempting to be compliant with every W3C recommendation is something that has not been achieved by any web browser.

May I also point out the wikipedia article about "Design by Committee"
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I believed that the X of Xtreme had the same significance than the X of XHTML: eXtensible

Hi ab29,

In case you are not aware, moderators here at Talkgraphics are not Xara employees. We are volunteers and many of us have been around long before Xara began hosting the forums on their servers and long before Xara was capable of exporting HTML.

Please do not take any of my comments as being made on behave of Xara or anyone other than myself.

I was under the impression that the X in Xtreme was because the software is capable of Xtreme speed and graphic creation abilities.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thumbs up Re: Is not the focus to generate a code which is W3C compliant?

Thanks Bill for the precisions. So, we're here at home and we can discuss without worrying about the XARA hierarchy or policy. Cool

There are rules of membership at Talkgraphics. http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=40686

Discussions about the W3C are not directly related to Xara Web Designer or Xtreme so they would be best suited for the Site Design and Publishing forum http://www.talkgraphics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

The forums setup for specific applications (we have Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel Draw, Corel Painter, in addition to the Xara specific forums) are for discussion about how to use a specific program and there are also Galleries for showing some of the work created with a specific application.

There are a few generic forums like the Site Design and Publishing forum and the Off Topic forum (a catch all for general topics of conversation).
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

If you want to make recommendations for features or to identify a possible bug there are the "Dear...." forums.

For Xara Xtreme the forum is at http://www.talkgraphics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56

For Xara Web Designer the forum is at
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by ab29 View Post
    I believed that the X of Xtreme had the same significance than the X of XHTML: eXtensible
    Ha, ha!
    Interesting association.

As you must already know, our approach to web page creation is not quite usual. We had heated debates around it on this forum at the time of the X4 and especially WD release. You may find them if you want. In short -the ultimate goal is to completely avoid direct work with the code. Just like nobody directly works with PostScript or LaTex code these days. We hope to provide similar solution for the web design.

Unfortunately, extensibility of XHTML is of little use. It's only as good as existing software support. SVG is a good example.
    So we have to stick to what actually works and will reliably work in the near future.
    John.

Post Re: Is not the focus to generate a code which is W3C compliant?

I saw that the code of Xtreme Web Designer is generated by Xara HTML filter v.2.1.0.671. I guess it is the core of the software: what allows to transform graphics and the global visual appreciation towards a standard-compliant XHTML file.

Also, it generates a folder index_htm_files with an external CSS style-sheet for the body, the links and some other stuffs i've not yet identified. But the main part of the CSS is written inline into the HTML code of the page.

Xara HTML filter is just another export filter along with PDF, EPS, PSD, JPG, SWF, RTF and all others we have. Xtrme is a general purpose graphics software that can be used for wide variety of design, drawing and editing tasks. Read more about it, it's much more that just a web page creation tool.
    John.

Keeping the focus to Xtreme Webdesigner, so it can also create an entire site in flash. This is interesting.

The question is now to know what do webdesigners want ? What would be the next step for improving the software ? what does one want ?
    Last edited by ab29; 19 November 2009 at 03:05 PM. Reason: sorry for approximative english