Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Anyone interested in joining af project: jQuery integration with HTML generated X

Hi

Did this idea die a death? Personally I think it would be fantastic to use jQuery to inject rich content into Xtreme pages.

I used jQuery myself on my first Xara web effort to add a simple screen fade-in when displaying popup layers. This was a straight forward enough once I'd got a basic grasp of the markup structure output by Xara.

If anything can be done to make the next version of Web Designer output HTML even more suited to manipulation / traversal by jQuery then all the better (my technical know how is far too limited to suggest what this would be, maybe the existing markup is quite jQuery 'friendly' enough already!).

Grant

Default Re: Anyone interested in joining af project: jQuery integration with HTML generated X

Thinking about this some more, what would probably help to make Xara generated markup easier to use with jQuery would be the ability to control certain tag attributes.

jQuery relies on being able to look through the markup for the bits of the page that you want to manipulate. This would be made easier if Xara was to allow you to put 'markers' in the markup to help identify what your after. By this I would mean the ID, CLASS or even user-defined tag attributes.