Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XXP5 problem with online update?

When I select Help->Update Program I first get errmsg1 (screenshot attached). When I click through it processes for a little while, then when I okay the dialog to connect to the update server I get errmsg2 (attached). I've verified that my firewall is configured to let XXP5 through with no hindrance and, as can be seen by my posting this, my internet connection is fine. Is this a problem, or just some configuration of XXP5 I don't know about?

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	errmsg1.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	67719   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	errmsg2.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	67720  

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa
    Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinlandstudios.com

Default Re: XXP5 problem with online update?

As far as I recall, that message always displays when there are no minor updates via the internal 'Update Program'
    Besides, traditionally any updates are announced by Xara at Talkgraphics.

I had the same problem when I was using the trial copy and received the serial number from Xara. When I tried to activate I got your error 1 message. In the end I removed both Xtreme 3 and XPro 4 and also updated my copy of Vista and then it updated no problem. By the way I put in an email about the problem to Xara.com and really got no help from them. Have a read at this thread from BONES and my post at 25: http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.p...ht=Xpro&page=3
    Design is thinking made visual.

Curious. I didn't uninstall XX4 and XWD, I wonder whether their still being there is having some effect?

I can relate to the surety that we'll be notified if/when updates are out there, I just expect when there are no updates that's what I'd be told, not encountering these odd (and sort of misleading) error messages.

I'm not in a lather over it, was just wondering whether I were the only one, and whether there were a fix.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa
    Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinlandstudios.com