Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Name Gallery - delete item?

I'm occasionally using anchor links in a series of news pages, where the first page will have headlines and subsequent pages will have the full text of articles. Anchor links from the headlines on the first page take the reader to the exact location of the related story. Slick! When I name an anchor point, I want to base it on the content of that story. Once the story becomes outdated, I delete it from the site. However, the name I used for that anchor point seems to stay in the "Apply Names" droplist. I'd like to be able to delete names from that droplist once the article to which that name was applied has been deleted. Is there a way to do this? I tried the delete key, without success.

Thanks ... have recently steered several newbies to Xara, and they love it!

Ken

Default Re: Name Gallery - delete item?

I think you need to use the Delete button.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	delete.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	3.2 KB 
ID:	67687  

Or if you are using Web Designer, the Names dialog has a Remove button. Just remember to remove the name before deleting the object.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wd-named-objects.gif 
Views:	109 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	67688  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Further to the above Ken the names remain in the drop down list whilst the file is open. Close the file & reopen it and the deleted names will no longer be present.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

As usual, guys ... thanks!!! I'd tried the Remove button, but the items remained in the list. Closing that .web file and reopening it resulted in the obsolete anchor point name(s) being removed from the drop list. The only thing as good as Xara products is this forum!