Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Here!

My copy of CorelDRAW v10 has just arrived! Will give you all my thoughts in a few days. Off to the installation process!

Regards,
    The Fontman
    http://www.thefontman.com
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    IP

My copy of CorelDRAW v10 has just arrived! Will give you all my thoughts in a few days. Off to the installation process!

Regards,
    The Fontman
    http://www.thefontman.com
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    IP

V10 is hosed up. Installed it first time, every core application crashed. Did a complete uninstall. Being the optimist I am, did a second reinstall. Same problem. Every app, Draw, Paint and RAVE crash. At least they have a built-in crash advisor which sends a msg to Corel.

Will see if I get a reply.

The Fontman
    The Fontman
    IP

Oregon recently celebrated the 150th anniversary of the wagon train emigration. The local media have been full of the difficulty of the crossing, the sheer willpower involved in such a daring feat; the bewilderment, the loneliness, and the madness.

You are doing something similar, I think. We will all be in your debt, if you survive!
    IP

Christmas is coming up...new ornaments for the tree for all to see. Hey, daddy, see you have some new Corel v10 CDs on the tree this year! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Another $210 pissed away, as usual!

Time to get on another band-wagon. Corel Sucks!

The Fontman!
    The Fontman
    IP

Fontman

Sorry to here about the problems, I am pretty sure you are experiencing .DLL hell, for every application to crash. A DLL file might be present, but the wrong version.

Also check the graphics driver, try going to the display properties/ settings /advanced / performance dialogue and winding the performance slider back to the lowest setting.

Also try starting the Corel applications in safe mode or with just the standard microsoft VGA drivers loaded.

Also when installing the software, make sure nothing like a virus scanner is running.

Some old tips from Draw9 might also help

Holding F8 down whilst launching a Corel application, causes the program to reset it's workspace to defaults. You should get a dialogue come up asking if you want to do this.

Holding F9 down whilst launching Draw (and possibly all the new apps) stops the visual basic component loading, a cause of grief for some.

Corel have setup the Draw 10 newsgroups, available at cnews.corel.ca I'm sure the C-tech people there can offer better advice.

Good luck

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

While we can all appreciate your feeling of betrayal, I would protest that, since you still have a copy of Draw 9, you will find that jumping ship mostly spites yourself. May I suggest that you have attempted to relocate from one state-of-the-art hydrofoil yacht to a slightly newer model that unfortunately refused to even start, and in your disgust you're threatening to switch to a rubber raft (FreeHand 9) or a barely-floating 55-gallon drum (Illustrator 9). Of course, there's always that snazzy jet-ski purring at the dock (Xara 10).
    IP

Yes, I do have 9, but the most-trusted version by far is 7. I cannot count on 9 for any stablility. Wish I had all the money for upgrades thus far, from 2-10!

You are right about XaraX tho, that is next on my shopping list!

Thanks!
    The Fontman
    The Fontman
    IP

I havn't gotten 10 as yet but plan to soon, as usual when a new version comes out there is going to be some compatibility problems. I've learned from past experience it is most likely a hardware conflict or an overwritten or wrong DLL. As for version 9 not being stable on your machine that would constitute a likely hardware problem right there, I use Draw and P-Paint 9 daily with very seldom a crash, maybe once every month or two. Sorry you are having a bad experience but maybe a good tune-up and disk cleaning or a total format could be whats needed to stop the crashes.

Larry Elliott......
    IP

All updated .dll's were downloaded at updates.com today. This box runs fine with everything on it, except Corel products, minus v7 which runs perfect.

So the problem is with Corel, not my system, albeit a Compaq Presario (last time for one of those, also). Live and learn!

The Fontman
    The Fontman
    IP