Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Thumbnail preview in Windows 7 Explorer

What are the extensions of the files you can't see? Are they standard graphics file types: .jpg, .gif, .png, etc?

I had a friend call me in a panic because all of his photos had disappeared. Turns out he'd changed the file names from something like "IMG_001.jpg" to "IMG_001.jpg edited by me on 11/11". It was a nice idea, but it completely messed up Windoze's file association system. When I had him rename the file in question to "IMG_001 edited by me on 11/11.jpg" everything worked out fine.

Just something to consider.

RtR
    PSP X2 Ult
    IP

I am not sure it can help you but try this:
    Right click on the file with logo of PSP>click on "Open with">click on "Choose default program">mark "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file">click on "Windows Photo Viewer">click OK
    IP

This will probably work for making the thumbnail viewer open the files, but if PSP is the program that's supposed to open them, that feature will be lost.

I prefer to open image files with IrfanView, since it's real quick and it's free. A quick Google search will take ya right to it. But I edit the "Edit With" option to send the editing function to PSP. I don't use the thumbnail preview myself because I have some directories with thousands of photos in them. Takes WAY too long to generate the list.

RtR
    PsP X2 Ult
    IP

Thanks for your comments.

I have Irfan View and I use it a lot for my scrapping kits. As for the .psp, .tub etc. it shows just the background if the images are layered and have a BG.

I found out that even with Thumbnail Handler installed, images made with versions of PSP previous to 7 do not show. They should be re-saved (enven under the same name would be OK). I have tried it out and it works!!!!

The problem is that I have lots and lots of them and I am chasing for a script to do this job. Anybody has a hint where I could find one?

Thanks, Orna
    IP

I am not having a problem but I'm Using Win 7 32bit user using 64 bit say they can not get thumbnail to display. One user said the same as you re saving in psp made them visible then 1 after another became visible too. Just to clarify are you using pspthumbnailshell extension or the bot productions thumbnail handler. There was a problem with the Jasc one not registering correctly and there is a fix for that But as you see some yours must be registered
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Orna View Post
    Thanks for your comments.

I have Irfan View and I use it a lot for my scrapping kits. As for the .psp, .tub etc. it shows just the background if the images are layered and have a BG.

I found out that even with Thumbnail Handler installed, images made with versions of PSP previous to 7 do not show. They should be re-saved (enven under the same name would be OK). I have tried it out and it works!!!!

The problem is that I have lots and lots of them and I am chasing for a script to do this job. Anybody has a hint where I could find one?

Thanks, Orna
    Would not just doing a batch process on each folder do It can even add a pre/post fix to the file name
    IP