Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

first congratualtions on the best xara so far (best vector-graphics package i was proud to use), but a strange irritation happened when i opened an old xara2 image:

-in xara2 days i normally used a bitmap copy (96dpi) of an object to create a shadow (using kpt3's blur)and xara's great transparency tool to adjust it

- when opening the file with the final xara x version, either the bitmap or the object above it(couldn't figure it out so far) moved , thus the shadow doesn't fit

- strangely this problem didn't occur in the beta versions

- you'll probably advise me to use use xara's shadow tool or xara2, but i'm interested if this problem is known

[- according to this file i was editing, i have to state that the size of the image was din A4 and i was using loads of bitmaps (many of them differently sized: 300dpi to 96dpi)]

thanx for your help

stefan

first congratualtions on the best xara so far (best vector-graphics package i was proud to use), but a strange irritation happened when i opened an old xara2 image:

-in xara2 days i normally used a bitmap copy (96dpi) of an object to create a shadow (using kpt3's blur)and xara's great transparency tool to adjust it

- when opening the file with the final xara x version, either the bitmap or the object above it(couldn't figure it out so far) moved , thus the shadow doesn't fit

- strangely this problem didn't occur in the beta versions

- you'll probably advise me to use use xara's shadow tool or xara2, but i'm interested if this problem is known

[- according to this file i was editing, i have to state that the size of the image was din A4 and i was using loads of bitmaps (many of them differently sized: 300dpi to 96dpi)]

thanx for your help

stefan

i didn't want to start a new topic within this forum, so i have to apologise for my bad english and knowledge of the way this forum works

stefan

I am a little bit dissapointed, the preview window of the "bitmap effects & plugins" is still not scale or zoomable, if you want to apply an effect to a rather big bitmap the preview is way to small (worthless [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] , still have to run photoshop in the back... sorry guys.. overall XaraX is o.k! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Gr,

Rick...
    http://www.GraphicsBoard.com