Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Mercedes SL

Default Mercedes SL

Here´s my first car done in Xtreme some time ago. A rendering of the previous SL model by Mercedes Benz.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mercedeswide.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	67640

Full wide, larger version: http://mboto.planetaclix.pt/talkgrap...rcedeswide.jpg

Cheers,
    Miguel B.

Last edited by steve.ledger; 15 November 2009 at 07:02 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Mercedes SL

Looks pretty slick to me.

I assume you worked from an existing image. How much did you changed or did you pretty much render what was in the original image?

I am always amazed at you guys who have the patience and the skill to draw an entire car, motorcycle, or an entire anything. And then to color it so well blows me away.

Default Re: Mercedes SL

Nice view, clean lines, realistic highlights and reflection, Miguel. I even like the color. Is that a personal project or a commissioned graphic. I'm thinkin' that it would make a real nice poster.

I look forward to many more from you,
    Harry

I really like one ... I don't really like the cars posted up on here most of the time because everyone goes for the photo-realistic look. But this i really really like because it's done a style of your own ... a sort of cell-shaded vibe - like that borderland computer game.

Kudos to you for doing something different and doing it well.

Keep it up.

Miguel,
    Your drawing is really beautiful.
    I'm waiting for more, best regards
    Javier

Great work Miguel
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

I love the render style of this! My art preference is not realistic (though I'm awed by those who can create realism)....I like illustrative or painterly looking images and I feel that this fits in perfectly with my 'likes'
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Nice looking car, Miguel.

Beautiful car and a great render, Miguel. I am knocked out by the ground reflections, too.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Thanks all for your comments. I really appreciate it. I didn´t post much in the last couple of months, hopefully this will change now that i have some more time.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Looks pretty slick to me.
    I assume you worked from an existing image. How much did you changed or did you pretty much render what was in the original image?
    Gary: Yes, i´ve used an image as reference. The original car in the image was parked on a street and the car´s color was black.
    I´ve changed the composition, colored it with a deep washed blue, "clean it up" and created the ground and background.

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    Nice view, clean lines, realistic highlights and reflection, Miguel. I even like the color. Is that a personal project or a commissioned graphic. I'm thinkin' that it would make a real nice poster.
    Harry: This was a personal project for learning purposes. I always liked cars, from american classics to tuned japanese models, but never have drawn one in Xara.
    This was a first experiment to see how i would solve certain problems and to try some techniques. I´m pleased with the result but now seems there´s certain things i could do in other ways and some more ideas have come up since then. I already started my second... who knows maybe i can do some commissioned work in the future

Best regards,
    Miguel