Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New user. (Stupid user?)

Alas I fall into the category of "first post, first question".

I acquired Web Designer some time ago, and am just now getting around to using it. I have some pages done, and like the ease of some of the work. I am learning, slow but sure. (I really need to learn more about text, however!)

At any rate, here's my first major problem/question.

At the top of my page I have a "button bar".
    On the first page, the roll overs worked just fine.

I added a second page, and used "Arrange -> Repeat on all Pages" to replicate the header to the subsequent page.

I added a third and fourth in like fashion.

Somewhere along the line, the roll-over on the first page crashed. On "mouseover", the button changes, but the text disappears!

I removed the last three, reconstructed the button-bar, tested with success. I replicated the header and I'm back to the same thing!

I guess I'm doing something wrong somewhere, but I am having a hard time finding out what. I've been very very careful on subsequent efforts to correct the problem, and thought I had it done, but it is back. I made sure that the other headers were deleted/removed before I replicated. I've checked the 'mouse over' features, etc... I'm not getting it... The replicated headers work just fine, the original (top page) continues to fail.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: New user. (Stupid user?)

MDWine,

We all went through a learning process...and keep learning..

You need to group those buttons. Button background and text.

The mouseover effect was applied only to the background of the button.

Probably if you group them from the beginning you won't have that problem.

Good luck
    Last edited by perseus; 15 November 2009 at 12:09 AM.

Default Re: New user. (Stupid user?)

OK, makes sense.

I kind of thought that they would be "together" since it came in from a template.

It seems that at least one set is always working, so I can remove all the others and then replicate the working set to all pages. Now that I have all the buttons I need, I'll group them and see how that happens.

Then, continuing, how did I get shadows on the title text without using the shadow button? weird...

Thanks for the tip.