Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Using flash and controlling text size

Hi,
    I've just starting to use simple Flash animations but immediately ran into a problem with text size. The flash I created (just a couple of words) seems fine and previews same. However, when I put in my webpage, the size is erratic. First it was far too large (it's an increasing size flash) and then after a few more experiments, it is now far too small and hardly visible! Can't see the answer elsewhere and watched one of the movies, but I guess it's just a simple error somewhere, any clues please,
    Many thanks
    Rikkoshea

Default Re: Using flash and controlling text size

Hi Rik, When you export your swf you have 2 options, whether to export the page or the content. It sounds like you were exporting the content at first then inadvertently switched to page. This can be one cause. The second is that you're not matching the swf placeholder to match (equal) the size that the swf file was exported at.

Test the first option and get back if you're still having issues.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Smile Re: Using flash and controlling text size

Hi Egg,
    I think it's resolved now (and I should have mentioned before that I am using Xtreme 5, in case of any differences). I first tried to match the area of the swf with the placeholder, but had some problem trying to find the actual size of the swf area that is provided, by default or after altering the size. Those xize buttons weren't activated. But instead of dwelling on that for too long (I'll revisit that question after this), I tried your other suggestion. I found the 'option', while exporting the animation, to save either the 'drawing' or the 'page' (which was defaulted). So I changed the 'area to save' to the the 'drawing area' which fixed my problem. So I will keep learning, best wishes and thankyou!

Default Re: Using flash and controlling text size

Thought that's what it was Rik.
    To find out the size of the resultant swf, if your using Page as the export then it will be the size of the page obviously. (Utilities / Options / Page tag to find this or via the 2nd method below).

If your using drawing, when you do a Preview Flash Animation via the icon you'll see the size of the swf under the image information details in the Browser Preview window (in the attachment it's 821 x 102 pixels)

If you're not seeing that it's turned on via Animation Frame Gallery / Properties.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gif.gif 
Views:	157 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	67571   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gif2.gif 
Views:	173 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	67572  

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host