Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default web upload problem

When I uploaded my Xara web site from within Xara it did not put things in the proper place on the server. I had to upload with FileZilla and it worked perfectly.

Now, if I wanted to reverse the process, can I download the files from the web and get them back into Xara? - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: web upload problem

Hi Jeb,
    Once the design is exported as webpage/site you lose the capabilities of editing in Extreme/web designer. ALWAYS save your finished Xara file for future editing.
    Jim

tks, Scotty - figured that would be the answer but thought I would ask. I did save the site in Xara - just wondering if it could be done.

And reason or fix on why Xara will not put files where that are suppose to be on the server or is this something different on each server? - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Hi Jeb,

I have moved your thread to the correct forum for web related questions.
    Please post carefully

Uploading via the internal FTP publishing feature is entirely Dependant on you supplying the software with the exact details in the publish dialog. If your files are not being published to the correct folder on your host, then I would take another look at the details you are entering.

And yes, each web hosting service may have different destination details that you need to be aware of. The host can confirm these for you.