Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help editing text in a design template (XX5)

I'm using one of the provided newsletter templates in Xara Xtreme 5 and trying to edit the second text box.

But every time I try to stretch that out to the width of the page, it takes what I put at the top of the page and sticks it on the end.

I'm trying to read the HELP files but still can't figure out what's going on.

Let me see if I can attache the file for someone to look at...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Help editing text in a design template (XX5)

Okay, I got the box (with "wedding") to get wider. It has this long diagonal line from the first letter to there. That seems to be the problem and the thing that is making the text from the top go to the end. What is that, and can I get rid of it?

Default Re: Help editing text in a design template (XX5)

The reason this has happened is that you have linked and re-linked into the same area. If I could make a suggestion to you is to not to bother with a template just make your own news letter. Plan out your Newsletter on a piece of paper, drawing approximately where you want your photos, name them in their rectangles or whatever shape you want to use. The next thing is to import your pictures, don't place them yet onto the drawing area as I would use Guides instead of the Grid that you used. Hold down Ctrl+Shift+R this will introduce rulers to your screen which are far easier to use. Take your mouse onto the left ruler and hold down the left mouse button and drag the guides onto to your drawing area and release where you want to have the left edge of your pictures to be. Do the same for the horizontal guides and drag them down to where you want your heading to be, then where you want the first lines of text or picture to start. You might want to take sizes from your hand drawn sketch as it can be quite accurate. Slowly work your way through your newsletter linking your text and repelling your text under your pictures. I have redone your newsletter and cropped some of your pictures not for designs sake but to show you that you don't just need to use rectangles they can be any shape.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Design is thinking made visual.