Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: php code before html

Thinking outside the box, Drwyd (how do you pronounce that?).

Yes that would work, a bit klugy, and the issue then is that internal links between pages won't work. All in all prob not much better than editing the file after generation.

Truth is we need a proper fix and it looks like coxover says we will get one. My take is that the logical solution is a Placeholder called start or something similar that just gets appended to the very beginning of the output file. Trying to rack my brains as to whether or not we need a finish one as well - not as key but prob useful.

perseus has covered ab29's comment perfectly - I also have the same issue with the exported file name for the home page - we should be able to have full control over that. As coxover says have a dummy front page (as I do) but its another kluge.

1st experience in this group - impressed so far. As with Xara products in general (been a user since way before the first Corel buyout)

Drwyd as in Druid, rhymes with fluid :-)

You could always link using absolute references rather than relative. Not so versatile but it is a quick fix until the official one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	absolute reference.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	67742  

Agreed, Drwyd. That's what I'm doing. Tks for input

Dick

Further to your comment "We certainly shall" when I asled for a fix to the problem of including php code at the very beginning of a file is this ability in Web Designer 6? If so I cannot find it.

Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by dcollard View Post
    Further to your comment "We certainly shall" when I asled for a fix to the problem of including php code at the very beginning of a file is this ability in Web Designer 6? If so I cannot find it.
    give the php-placeholder the name <html>.

Sebastian

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    We'll cerainly shall.
    John,

I don't know if Xara is thinking in this direction at all, but with proper enhancement, XWD would make an incredible CMS front end. A designer/web programmer could build the shell/template out of reusable script components for headers/footers/sidebars/menu's using include files. The inner content could then be updated by anyone (not requiring the techie skills), but having sufficient layout, graphic, and writing skills. Routine website maintenance could be handled by the end users, which is what CMS systems are great for.

This would remove the limitation of XWD being used for smaller sites only and open it up to a larger market.

Just wishing.....

Well, how this relates to the quoted statement?
    The capability of adding code at the very beginning of the file is implemented in WD6 as Sebastian had correctly stated here.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    The capability of adding code at the very beginning of the file is implemented in WD6 as Sebastian had correctly stated here.
    Not sure I understand what you mean John. Are you suggesting that XWD6 (as is) would be adequate as a CMS front end for a large site, or merely that php include files are possible with placeholders?

I mean that I do not understand what relation is between the part of my message, that you had quoted, and the rest of your message?
    I was talking explicitly about the code at the beginning of the file. Nothing else.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
    Hi,

give the php-placeholder the name <html>.

Sebastian
    So, am I reading this right? I can create a placeholder, give it the name "<html>" and insert a php session start command in the placeholder, and it will put it before the html line in the file?