Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Welcome, Bill!

Hi bdkr (Bob)—

I'm glad you received and were able to use the template I sent you. No idea why, but your reply came to my wife's email address and not mine—nice hat, by the way!

Soquili beat me to the punch here: the manual has nothing to do with The Official Guide, except both discuss Xara Xtreme. If you decide to get the book, I'm right here to support it. Any questions can then be answered so everyone on this forum can learn a technique, or see how I stupidly overlooked something obvious.

Happy New Year to all, and I'm working on an after-class special tutorial I'll post shortly on achieving a photorealistic effect using Live Filters.

My Best,

Gary
    Last edited by Gare; 29 December 2009 at 08:11 PM.
    IP

Default Re: Couldn't wait for The Official Guide - Completed Bonus Chapter 14

Thanks Bill for your illustration. My problem is that my disc behaves differently from your depiction. I have attached a couple of screen captures with notes to explain my dilemna. I hope some one may have also encontered something similar. It would seem off hand that I have a defective disc. or mayby it needs to be unlocked tho I can't see why. Cheers.
    BDkr
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XaraXne Problem Expanation.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	68810  
    IP

Are you able to view the contents of other CD discs?

If you have one, use a CD cleaning disc. The small brush will remove any dust that has settled on the lens that can cause a reduced reflection of the laser.

Please contact Xara Support concerning a defective disk.
    Last edited by Soquili; 30 December 2009 at 07:36 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

BDkr,

Your disc is fine.
    Right-click>>Explore to see the contents of the CD.
    Then you can open the 'Manual' folder.
    IP

Thanks both-- After I realized the right click should be done while selecting the disc drive while in the Computer drive listing, not after getting the "bulls eye" display, it worked like a charm! Color me not too swift these days, and
    Muchisimas gracios Amigoes
    BDkr
    IP

Finally I received The Official Guide written by Gary David Bouton
    A great Thanks to Gary for writing this understandable book which has paid off itself in only the first 3 (out of 13 + 1Xtra!) chapters!

I’ve been using Xara software for over 5 years now and I almost feel sorry for myself for not taking the time to read more about the product before. (RTFM!)

I couldn’t do without the Talkgrahpics.com forum a great thanks to all the guys working on it and taking the time to help us out!

Again a great thanks to you all at the forum for helping, keep on going and also do yourself as a “normal” user a BIG FAVOR, BUY the BOOK it pays off!

Best regards from a happy user in Austria,
    Ruud.
    Last edited by Ruud; 14 March 2010 at 09:21 AM.
    IP

You're most welcome!

I really put my heart into writing the Guide, and similarly, if you really put your heart into Xara Xtreme, you'll be amazed and delighted with what you get out of it.

My Best,

Gary
    IP