Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Couldn't wait for The Official Guide - Completed Bonus Chapter 14

Jumping back to this threads origin, here's another finished tutorial from Xara Xtreme 5: The Official Guide Bonus Chapter 14 - Photographic Retouching section Use Content-Aware Sizing. I had played around with this XX5 feature a while back and hadn't touched it since. That said, I thought I'd give it a go.

This is relatively easy and gives very nice (or really bizarre) results once you get your head wrapped around Xtreme 5's 'mask' and 'invert mask' feature. I even managed to get the flower to be a little less warped than the one Gary did for his bonus chapter. Then I got a bit carried away, as usual, and placed the poster in a beveled, brushed aluminum picture frame which I proceeded to hang on the wall section that magically appeared behind everything.

Thanks, once again Gary,
    Harry

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Xtreme 5 - The Official Book - Bonus Chapter 14 Photographic Retouching - Content Aware Pho.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	67611  
    Last edited by HayTay; 14 November 2009 at 05:54 PM.
    IP

You did good, Harry! Three thumbs up!

Yeas, there is a limitation to the extent to which you can scale "only the important parts" of an image, but it's pretty clean as dramatic alterations go, Xara Xhris has a very nice tute on YouTube concerning CAS—and who'd a'thunk you could take a landscape image and make it a portrait one?!

-g-
    Last edited by Gare; 14 November 2009 at 06:10 PM.
    IP

Also remember that TalkGraphics has it's own album (Gallery) area available to all members to post a collection of their favourite creations right here.
    Just access your control panel and select the 'Picture and Albums' item in the menu area under 'Networking'.
    Name:  cpl-networking.png
Views: 404
Size:  3.2 KB
    This makes it super easy for members to show case their work for all TG members to enjoy without needing to go offsite.
    IP

Why only snap one photo when you can take a string of photos (2, 4, 6, or more) and make one gigundo one with the XX5 (and XXP4) Create Panorama photo tool? You're asking me? I don't know, why not? I did by following a simple tutorial. If you didn't know that Xtreme now has a panorama tool you're in for a surprise as Gary shows in his book, Xara Xtreme 5: The Official Guide Bonus Chapter 14 - Photographic Retouching. The section entitled Creating a Panorama has all the information you'll need to start making beautiful panoramas that will impress your family, friends, classmates and co-workers. Here's your chance to fill up the blank wall above your sofa.

Just to prove that it can be done by mere mortals, you can see my results from the bonus chapter in the attached graphic.

Expand your horizons,
    Harry

Name:	Xara Xtreme 5 - The Official Book - Bonus Chapter 14 Photographic Retouching - Creating a Panora.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	67613  
    IP

@harry, Wow that would make a great christmascard.
    Fold it three times and send it to relatives.
    Enough space too to write a lot of stuff then

@Gare, oh I am sure I will, Someting to read in the train.
    And maybe by accident I bump into some Xara users too.
    (That is the thing about books, it shows your intrests. )
    be aware, not to become a ware.
    IP

Well, yes, it never dawned on me that a very good use for the Panorama feature would be a 3 or four-fold greeting card!

Happy Holiday, everyone (it's too early, isn't it? )

My Best,

Gary

Name:	pano-card.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	67632  
    IP

Okay.

I guess I should feel flattered.

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	67639  
    IP

I knew I should have waited to get a deal!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

Wink Re: Couldn't wait for The Official Guide - Completed Bonus Chapter 14

Hi Gare: You see, I finally made it thru the sign on maze and here to say I can't get the XaraXone disc which came with my Xara Xtreme 5 purchase, to disgorge the promised PDF Manual? Is this the same as the Guide or not? Cheers and many Kudo's for all the fine books you've authored --where do you get all that energy and know how!!. I have your CorelDraw X4 Guide. I'm sailing along in great shape with the Inch-Template you sent.
    IP

Hi Bdkr,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

The PDF version of the Xara manual is in the Manual subfolder on the XaraXone CD. See attached image. Click on the thumbnail to see a larger image.

Gary Bouton's Official Guide is not the same as the Xara manual.

Gary provides complete example projects and techniques to get you up to speed very quickly.

The Xara manual teaches the user interface and how the tools, options, toolbars, menus, etc work.

Name:	xtreme_manual.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	68791  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP