Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xtreme to vinyl cutter question

I am looking to buy a 15-24 inch cutter plotter and could use any and all info related to how to go about cutting vinyl from a Xara file. Did you guys figure out what equipment to use and how to do it. I don't want to buy the wrong tools cause I love working in Xara!

Default Re: Xtreme to vinyl cutter question

I have moved your post to a new thread as you had posted in a very old thread.

As far as I know, there have been no solutions to enable plotting directly from Xara Xtreme.
    Artwork created in Xtreme needs to be sent to the plotter via the supplied software/driver or software designed to spool to a plotter.

thanks for the info, it'll save me some trouble. Any idea what file extension to save as, so when purchasing the plotter I can be sure it will work in unsaid as of yet software? I'm thinkin "cutterpro 650" w flexi 8.5 Thanks again....

.ai and .pdf are commonly accepted formats.

Vinyl cutters are geared towards Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw for direct to cutter formatting. You would have to check out your vinyl cutter software to see what formats it is able to accept.

I used to send my files from Xara as eps converted to curves. These could then be opened by the plotting software program and cut. I would always send them small and re-size them in the plotting program. These programs are available for around 200 or so dollars. When you save them in that program ie: winplot, etc.
    you now have 3 versions of that file, so I would go back every 30 days and delete any eps files I used for conversion. I hope that helps some.