Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Menu maker and Frontpage

I cannot load my menus in Frontpage. Everytime I try I get the you must have adminstrator rights. I have Menu maker open and when I do open the program I have to right click the icon. I am running windows Vista, any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated

Default Re: Menu maker and Frontpage

Hello lbricker,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

When you installed Menu Maker did you use the right click Run as administrator popup menu?

Which version of Frontpage are you using?

May I suggest uninstalling Menu Maker then reinstall using the Run as administrator popup rather than allowing the CD Autorun feature to work.

After the program is installed, use the right click Run as administrator on the desktop icon. This should only be required the first time you use the program.

Before using Frontpage after the installation of Menu Maker use the right click Run as administrator to start Frontpage, again should only be require once.

Vista does not allow older application like Frontpage and Menu Maker to update the registry unless you use the Run as administrator feature even when you are logged in using an Administrator account.

Once the registry entries are created the first time the program is run you no longer need to use the Run as administrator technique.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update