Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: New XWD website for an artist friend

I am about to create a website for my artist G/F and she expressed a concern that your images could be copied and perhaps used in prints. Not sure about the quality though of the expanded images...anyhoo she suggested watermarking the images.

We plan to use visualwatermark.com it seems quite easy to use.

You certainly don't need to buy extra software to add a visual watermark like those shown on the site you mention.
    You can do this in Web Designer using the text tool.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 12 March 2010 at 09:40 PM.

Thanks for that Sledger.

I don't know if XWD can do watermarks in bulk though. One of the reasons I bought the previously mentioned software was the ability to have multiple photos all done at once.

Being basically lazy I watch out for shortcuts

• Drag images into Web Designer from your explorer folder
    • Make them thumbnail size (hint: XaReg can be used to make all import as say 100pix)
    • Create watermark and place over thumbnail - right-clickl+drag'n'drop copies of the water mark to each image.
    • Group thumbnail with water mark
    • Marquee select all thumbnails and in Web Properties 'Link' tab set to Popup Photo, In Mouse-Over tab enter Popup Text (I used 'PROTECTED PHOTO' for all), in Image tab set as JPEG at 75-80 IQ and Image Description the same as the popup text.
    • Press apply

Done!

Depending how may images you have, doesn't take very long at all, even for the lazy at heart
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 12 March 2010 at 09:40 PM.

Thanks again Sledger.
    It would be silly to buy more software for watermarking if you already can in XWD.

The one I mentioned seems to be designed for the more professional photographer as you just drag and drop a folder of snaps, as many as you like onto its first window. Design a watermark on the other and click.... its done .

As with my friend, Redbears may not produce vast quantities work each week to justify buying new software, but its nice to know its there.

And its sad to know that Artists work can be so easily stolen.
    What a wicked web they weave.

Default New XWD6 website for an artist friend

Some of the artwork photos have watermarks and others don't. I actually started applying them but then he said it wasn't necessary as his artwork is all over the net. He sells a huge amount of prints via agents and tv so if someone really wanted to do something I think he recognises that fact. He supplied all the photos and apart from one which is a relatively high-res (it's watermarked), the rest are low-res.

You've raised a very valid point though!