Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Scripting in IE8 has stopped working (Xara Xtreme 5)

Hiya folks...

Was just wanting to know if anyone might be able to help with a recent (and sudden) issue using XX5 generated pages, with IE8. The scripting has stopped working across the board. Nothing works at all.

I've created 3 sites now using XX5 and had no such issues with IE6/7, OR 8 up until the past week. As far as i'm aware i've changed nothing in IE settings wise that would effect its performance. I only use the browser to test with, not surf.

Could i ask someone to run over to this site and test a few of the scripting functions for me? And let me know if they have any problem?

http://sasfy.ca/about.html -- please click on any of the names in the list at the bottom. If nothing happens, then you have the same issue i do.

Thx for your time, i appreciate it muchly.

peace

Mark...

Default Re: Scripting in IE8 has stopped working (Xara Xtreme 5)

Hi Mark,

I have moved your thread to the Talk Web>>Web Designer / Xtreme forum as it's a web related question.

In regards to your site.
    IE8 functions fine for me (I'm using IE8 8.0.7600 in Windows 7 Pro 64bit)
    Your popups display the same in all browsers when clicking the names.

Have you any popup blocker addons at all?

Mark,

No problem here too,all open nicely

Hans

Mark,
    Nice site - everything works fine here except the last name in list 'Haley Blais'.
    No link at all there in both IE8 and Firefox3.5.
    Hope this info helps,
    Jambo
    There's no heavier burden than great potential!

No problems either apart from last name.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

'Haley Blais' is covered by 13.png (the shadow)
    The only reason why Diana Suzuki works it due to the tip of her text being exposed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Haley-Blais.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	67319  

Wow thanks guys that was a great help.

Yeah sorry sledger about the board i posted to. I just realized today it was not the correct board. Np with moving it.

That means i MUST have changed something, probably by accident, in IE8. Dang... now i'll have to hunt it down and destroy it!

Oops! I think that got messed up a lil on the last update. I have to lengthen the page and move some stuff around. Thanks for letting me know that Jambo & sledger. -- Problem solved.

As for popup blocker... that wouldn't apply here because the graphic is a simple js overlay, it's not a new window. The whole site is built that way. But yeah, i turned the blocker off anyway to test that thought. No good. hmmm...

Thanks again for all the help guys i appreciate it.

peace

Mark...

::: EDIT ::: Hey i just looked and noticed that under the HELP! menu /About Explorer.... my version/cipher strength/encryption info is no longer showing...?! That's odd. This tells me that something has happened to the browser (that i never use, LOL) and i should reInstall it.
    Last edited by Mark (theKeeper); 03 November 2009 at 10:36 PM.

Well guys... because i LIVE to flog DEAD horses... i thought i'd toss a brief update here concerning my IE8 woes...

I removed/reInstalled the app with no luck. Javascripting is still not working. I reset all settings to their defaults also, but to no avail.

I also searched MS's site with no luck. And the almighty Goooogle wasn't much help either.

I'm stumped. And i don't admit that very often.

That's the end of this thread i guess. Thanks again guys. I'll get this sorted one way or another.

peace

Mark...