Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Question RE: Opening an EPS file in CorelDraw 12

I opened the NFL file you provided in CorelDRAW X3 (13) just fine then saved it as a CorelDRAW 12 file and zipped it up for you. It seems that CorelDRAW X3/X4 uses an updated import filter that can handle newer EPS file formats. It just might be time for you to purchase an upgrade to the CorelDRAW v12 you're using at home.

For now, see if the following file works for you in addition to the PDF file(s) that Sledger provided for you.

Good Luck,
    Harry
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Thanks, Harry - That one worked too. Have a good night!
    IP

Sorry, this is way off the subject, but--
    PDF's are the way to go when it comes to transferring (and editing) files. I automatically convert any file that has to transfer between different programs to a PDF. A PDF (in MOST programs) keeps the colors consistent, the shapes, special effects, etc. together, and all in the original vector format. There are very few graphics/designing programs that will NOT import PDF's, and some programs will not appear the same -- although it does appear right in the actual pdf; that's the program instead.

When customers ask what file type to send, I ALWAYS have "PDF" on the top of the list. Though some people have no idea why or how to export as the such.....

Just some rambling....... a PDF is not made just for Adobe Reader!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by CLOTHINGGUY View Post
    (I thought a .PDF just lets me view it?)
    Yeah, originally it was a file format that was supposed to be uneditable and that way you would be assured that the document you created would always be shown the way you created it. Well times change and now you can edit them.
    IP

So now one has to be extra careful to either convert to bitmap before sending in PDF or else protecting -- password, etc. -- it from "tampering", copying and so on.
    IP

That would be the case, yes. They decided to trade security of document for ability to edit. I always thought the plus of pdf was the fact that it was locked and un-editable.
    IP