Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Video problem using xara webdesigner.

Thanks.

Is the a way for the video to automatically load and play instead of clicking a button to play the video? for example using a sitepal avatar on your webpage, where the client visit their website the video/ avatar automtically load, not clicking a button to load the avatar?

Thanks

Depends on the player.

For example with YouTube you modify their embed code to this:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DiFq_nk8pE0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color 2=0x999999&border=1&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525">
    </embed>

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Another way to prevent it is if you can do without a MouseOver layer on the page that loads the video. Delete this layer and it works perfectly. It depends how important roll overs are for your project.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Roll overs are very important for my project.It will not look nice if a webpage doesn't have a rollover effect especially for client.

Thanks anyway

Anymore ideas will be great!

Hello,

What is the best way to contact xara technical support in regards to this video/media problem i still have. Maybe the is a tweak i can use for this.

Thanks

I showed you the solution in post #7 and the tweak in post #9. Did you try it?
    I also answered your question about autoplay in post #12. Did you note this?

A link to Xara Support is in my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I showed you the solution in post #7 and the tweak in post #9. Did you try it?
    I also answered your question about autoplay in post #12. Did you note this?

A link to Xara Support is in my sig.
    Hello sledger,

Yes, I tried all your suggestion, which may work for other project, but for this one it will not work for example visiting a website’s home page and a sitepal speaking avatar (www.sitepal.com) load and greet you e.t.c . The tweak you suggested involved a trigger event (pop-up) were a button has to be clicked before the flv/swf video load and play.
    I’m open to any more ideas!

Thanks for you help!

Hi rico77 - just to be clear, in post #12 I showed you the code modification for having a youtube video play automatically.

What I didn't stress was that you need to isolate the <embed ---through to ----- </embed> section and delete the rest (the <object code).

Firstly this cures the 'stopping' problem when hovering links, then adding the &autoplay=1 to the source URL forces the video to play automatically.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,

I have a similar problem to this in that I want to make a single page that will show a selected video from a list. I get this to work but clicking anywhere on the page removes the pop-up window with the video. The user has to scroll the page so this is a real problem.

I have tried using the tweak routine for locking a pop-up and get an error on the page when I use it with my Placeholder (option: replace with html code). My video's have controls and must be run using html code like this in the placeholder:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" align="center" width="640">
    <tr>
    <td ><object id ="flashMovie"
    codeBase ="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0"
    height ="497"
    width ="640 "
    classid ="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" VIEWASTEXT>
    <PARAM NAME="_cx" VALUE="26">
    <PARAM NAME="_cy" VALUE="26">
    <PARAM NAME="FlashVars" VALUE="csConfigFile=videos/video1_config.xml">
    <PARAM NAME="Movie" VALUE="videos/video1_controller.swf?csConfigFile=videos/video1_config.xml">
    <PARAM NAME="Src" VALUE="videos/video1_controller.swf?csConfigFile=videos/video1_config.xml">
    <PARAM NAME="WMode" VALUE="Window">
    <PARAM NAME="Loop" VALUE="false">
    <PARAM NAME="Quality" VALUE="high">
    <PARAM NAME="SAlign" VALUE="">
    <PARAM NAME="Menu" VALUE="-1">
    <PARAM NAME="Base" VALUE="">
    <PARAM NAME="AllowScriptAccess" VALUE="always">
    <PARAM NAME="DeviceFont" VALUE="0">
    <PARAM NAME="EmbedMovie" VALUE="0">
    <PARAM NAME="BGColor" VALUE="#FFFFFF">
    <PARAM NAME="SWRemote" VALUE="">
    <PARAM NAME="MovieData" VALUE="">
    <PARAM NAME="SeamlessTabbing" VALUE="1">

<EMBED id ="EmbedflashMovie"
    src ="videos/video1_controller.swf?csConfigFile=videos/video1_config.xml"
    flashvars ="csConfigFile=videos/video1_config.xml"
    quality ="high"
    bgcolor ="#FFFFFF"
    width ="640"
    height ="497"
    type ="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    pluginspace ="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
    </EMBED>
    </OBJECT> <br></td>
    </tr>
    </table>

I believe that I am defeating the locking pop-up code when using the above placeholder.

Finally my question: how can I lock a pop-up window and prevent clicking to close it when also using the html placeholder option with the tweak feature?

I could not get the example in this thread to work either. Get a runtime error.
    Last edited by bluecomet; 06 January 2010 at 09:26 PM.

Welcome to TG Forums,

Firstly you don't need the <table <tr <td ir <br tags in a placeholder for the flash movie. The (WYSIWYG) HTML export filter takes care of this with div code.

Second, the locking popup tweak should not be cancelled out by any of the above, so my guess is that you may have a mistake somewhere.
    Please attach your *.web file so that it can be checked.

Finally, which software are you using for the flash movie HTML output?

Thanks for your help! I removed the <table <tr <td ir <br tags and your right they are not needed.

Here is my .web file for your review.

My video files are created using a program called Camtasia.

I look forward to any clues on how to fix this.
    Attached Files Attached Files