Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Video problem using xara webdesigner.

Hello,

Every time I move my mouse over a button, logo or link on a webpage generated by web designer - my video freeze and when I move the mouse over to a blank area it start playing again. The video was embedded using the place holder and selecting replace with HTML code.
    This happen for both FLV and SWF video. Any ideas will be very helpful!

I’m using Xara web designer 5.0.1 7886DL

Thanks

Default Re: Video problem using xara webdesigner.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Can you attach your file so we can look and see if we can help you with this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

Can you attach your file so we can look and see if we can help you with this problem?
    Thanks for your reply.

When you unzip the file and open the index file. When you press play on the video and then move your mouse over the any of the blue or black buttons ,the video freeze in internet explorer etc.

I created a square in web designer, went to web properties and pasted the code in Replace with HTML code (see code below)

Then I got the problem explained above.

Now I tried a different approach , I created a plain page in web designer went to the view source and the pasted this same code below in the page and everything work fine, it seem using replace with HTML code add extra code that doesn’t not make my video work well.

Any help will be great.
    Thanks

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0" width="300" height="270" id="SyncVideo" align="middle">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="allowFullScreen" value="false" />
    <param name="movie" value="SyncVideo.swf" />
    <param name="loop" value="false" />
    <param name="menu" value="false" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />
    <embed src="SyncVideo.swf" loop="false" menu="false" quality="high" wmode="transparent" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="270" name="SyncVideo" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer_tw" />
    </object>

Create a 300x270 pixel placeholder object then open Web Properties>>'Placeholder' tab and use the 'Replace with flash' button to add your SyncVideo.swf
    It can be anywhere on your HDD because Web Designer will create a copy for publishing.
    Xara Web Designer will also create the necessary embed code.

Thanks.

I have try this and it the same problem. I even created a new page added a button with link ,created a rectangle - web properties - place holder replace with HTML code and i paste a embedded link from youtube , still the same problem (when i´m playing the youtube video then i mouse over the button , the youtube video stop playing and when i mouse off the sound disappear, the i have to refresh the page again).

Please any more suggestion?

cheers
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 02 November 2009 at 11:08 PM. Reason: No need to quote the preceding post

Please could you attach your .web file.

I have embeded flash, youtube and other video types without ever coming across the problem you describe.

OK -I have found that while the video doesn't stop playing for me under any circumstances, the audio does when the mouse is hovered over any other object on the same page layer which is a live link.

The solution is to have the video placeholder on it's own layer.

See attached demo file for details and further explaination.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 03 November 2009 at 05:40 AM.

Hello,

Thanks for the attached .web file sample. For the project I’m trying to do that solution will not work because after using a play movie button or link it bring up the pop up layer and the video start playing now if I click anywhere on the page or try to scroll down the video (popup layer movie) disappear and I have to click on the play movie button again to load it.

One thing I notice is viewing a .web file using the EXPORT & PRIVIEW WEBSITE, which is a basic version of INTERNET EXPLORER , it has all the previous problem I stated in all my post. Now after I export the website on my desktop I tested it in this browser - ( Google Chrome - it work fine ) , ( Safari - it work fine ) , (Fire fox - it work fine, just very little time it freeze, not noticeable )
    ( Internet explorer - the same problem, not working , even if I put the video on it own layer )

Very few time it freeze but the major problem it the lost of sound, while is still playing!

It just seem like the output from web designer his friendly with many browser except Internet Explore

Thanks for all you help, I’ll keep on trying other solution.

I’m very stuck on the problem and can’t move forward

Please any more ideas, will be great

Quote Originally Posted by rico77 View Post
    For the project I’m trying to do that solution will not work because after using a play movie button or link it bring up the pop up layer and the video start playing now if I click anywhere on the page or try to scroll down the video (popup layer movie) disappear and I have to click on the play movie button again to load it.
    This isn't a problem because it is solvable using the Locking Popup Tweak which prevents the popup layer closing until a 'close' button is clicked.
    The Locking Popup Tweak is part of the free TweakSet available here.
    Also TG Member SPudmachine created a short video tutorial about how to use the Locking Popup Tweak:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=40363

Another way to prevent it is if you can do without a MouseOver layer on the page that loads the video. Delete this layer and it works perfectly. It depends how important roll overs are for your project.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 03 November 2009 at 09:55 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host