Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default ClickTag option in Xara Xtreme Pro

Evening all. I'm hoping someone knows how to use the ClickTag feature in Xara Xtreme 5. We designed our business banner ad for our local newpaper site and they insist I insert a ClickTag.

There is no other information in Xtreme help except, clickTAGs are often used by advertising networks. Rather than hard-coding a URL into a Flash animation, the clickTAG allows an organization to insert their own URL into the animation, which is particularly useful for tracking advertising clicks.

If you need to use this feature, check the clickTAG option.

However when I select this radio button the text input box remains un-editable.

The code I need to add is
    .... on (release) {
    if (clickTAG.substr(0,5) == "http:") {
    getURL(clickTAG, "_blank");
    }
    }
    minus the periods.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    IP

Default Re: ClickTag option in Xara Xtreme Pro

They sent me a button in fla but of course this can't be used in Xtreme. However I should be able to use ClickTag on a transparent layer and add the action no?

Or maybe someone call tell me what the ClickTag option can be used for??
    IP

Can't help you here Star. I've never used clickTags and it's not possible to insert action script into Xtreme's flash output. However I suspect that this (or similar) code is hard wired into XX's swf output.

Somehow the swf requires a variable named clickTag but where this resides within XX is unknown to me.

Hopefully John will see this and expand on the issue in a greater depth.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Thanks for the quick reply Egg, I'll keep trying to figure it out as well. Xtreme allows me to create awesome graphics and flash banners and I'd hate to have to purchase another program to pull this off.

I'm probably just missing something since it is an option in animation frame properties. I'm hoping I'm not the only one whose ever tried to use it and someone has the solution
    IP